Calendar Control

xroot

I could not get the calendar control(mscal.ocx) to work with GUICtrlCreateObj so I wrote a class wrapper for mscal.ocx.

This makes it very easy for the user to select a date from a nice looking calendar with not alot of coding.

Look at calcomtest.au3 to see how to use the dll(calcom.dll) real simple and be sure to register the dll first.

CalCom.CalComC (class wrapper name(calcom.dll) for mscal.ocx Ver# 11.0.8161.0)

CLASSES:

BackColor

TitleFontColor

DayFontColor

GridFontColor

GridCellEffect 0=Flat 1=Raised(Default) 2=Sunken

CalType 1=M/D/Y(Default) 2=Y/M/D 3=M Name D, Y

Show

calcom.zip

This is cool, but there is no way to control the calendar....size, gui, embedding. Also, why didn't you just use the mscal.ocx that comes with office...I know, I know, the first thing someone will say is what if the person doesn't have office...then I would say who doesn't have office?

This is cool, but there is no way to control the calendar....size, gui, embedding. Also, why didn't you just use the mscal.ocx that comes with office...I know, I know, the first thing someone will say is what if the person doesn't have office...then I would say who doesn't have office?

When I created calcom all I wanted was to present the calendar so users could click on a date. I added the color struff to play around with the control, putting

in the size stuff x,y etc. is no problem just lazy I guess. To use mscal.ocx itself how would you show the calendar? I do not have Office and you can get the

control off the net works great. Also the WinWaitClose is not needed because the calendar is modal.

• 1 month later...

and be sure to register the dll first.

This is a great control, thanks.

For those that need something that works on a USB flash drive in a place where registering a control will not be possible due to access restrictions (since this doesn't work without registering the calcom.dll first), the calendar code in the following URL may be of help since it works "straight out of the box", as it were: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=543728

So this thread and the above URL give us 2 great methods to bring up a calendar.

Cheers. ;)