Automated Install help

Skorn

I'm scripting an automated install for Symantec antivirus. I'm noticing that there are much different delays depending on which pc i am installing from, some are over partial t1's so it takes longer. Instead of just doing a sleep (50000) or longer how do I detect the instant that "Next" button goes from being greyed out to being available so I can send a controlclick?

Thanks,

Tim

I'm scripting an automated install for Symantec antivirus. I'm noticing that there are much different delays depending on which pc i am installing from, some are over partial t1's so it takes longer. Instead of just doing a sleep (50000) or longer how do I detect the instant that "Next" button goes from being greyed out to being available so I can send a controlclick?

Thanks,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a little code snippet that I used to check and see if and when a button changed. (Dont forget to use AU3Info.exe [Window Spy] to get the colors and pixel locations).

Opt("MouseCoordMode", 0);Set to use window mouse coordinates

$x = 560;Pixel coordinate of x in window.
$y = 379;Pixel coordinate of y in window.

While 1
   If PixelGetColor($x, $y) = "8764116" Then;Dont forget to use the decimal value of the number
      ControlClick("Title", "", "classnameNN")
      ExitLoop
   EndIf
   Sleep(5000)
WEnd

Let me know... I have that wait 5 seconds before checking again.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

• Developers

Thanks,

Tim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't you check the status of the button with:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "IsEnabled", "")

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can't you check the status of the button with:

ControlCommand ( "title", "text", controlID, "IsEnabled", "")

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL I knew there was a way to do that. I may have to include that in my script, though in mine the button is enabled it is just different (Like it says cancel till the scan is complete and then it says Next)

I even looked at the Control* commands but I didnt think that would do it so I over looked it.

Learn something new everyday.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)