Quick Excel Questions

I was wondering, if there is a function in ExcelCOM_UDF.au3

that allowed you to...

i dont' know how to describe it..

Like I type "1" into the cell C1, and then I double click on the cell with the mouse, and it extends all the way down to the lowest row.

I need to do the double clicking part.

And I was looking through the file and I wasn't able to find it, but I would think there would be a function or something written for it.

Edited by NewtonScripter

I was wondering, if there is a function in ExcelCOM_UDF.au3

that allowed you to...

i dont' know how to describe it..

Like I type "1" into the cell C1, and then I double click on the cell with the mouse, and it extends all the way down to the lowest row.

I need to do the double clicking part.

And I was looking through the file and I wasn't able to find it, but I would think there would be a function or something written for it.

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your problem... Are you trying to fill all cells in a column or row with the same value? If so, you want to fill the sheet - something like 16000 rows (I forget the max in Excel)?

Just a bit of clarification and I'm sure we can help you out.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Sorry, I'm not sure if I understand your problem... Are you trying to fill all cells in a column or row with the same value? If so, you want to fill the sheet - something like 16000 rows (I forget the max in Excel)?

Just a bit of clarification and I'm sure we can help you out.

yea

I'm talking about filling the column

I don't want to fill to the max in Excel though

Like if I have a column A with max rows 10

I want to fill column B with 1s

up to the bottom of column A

_ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet will give you the used range. From there you can increment the column or row and use the information returned to write an array back with the values by using _ExcelWriteArray

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

_ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet will give you the used range. From there you can increment the column or row and use the information returned to write an array back with the values by using _ExcelWriteArray

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

aite that is sick

I think the _ExcelSheetUsedRangeGet is what I needed

thanks

... .

If so, you want to fill the sheet - something like 16000 rows (I forget the max in Excel)?

Excel's address range is 1-bye (256) for collumns by 2-byte (64k = 65536) for the rows.

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

I got another excel question

how do you use the _ExcelWriteFormula function?

what is the difference between that function and _ExcelWriteCell function?

they seem to work the same to me...

They are very similar

_ExcelWriteFormula uses

$oExcel.Activesheet.Range($sRangeOrRow).Formula = $sFormula

where _ExcelWriteCell uses

$oExcel.Activesheet.Range($sRangeOrRow).Value = $sValue

It's just a matter on how you expect excel to use the data. I would guess you COULD use _ExcelWriteCell for a formula, but I've not done so just to make sure my formulas are entered correctly.

Edit: Darn fingers that don't go as fast as I'm thinking.

Edited by Kerros

Kerros===============================================================How to learn scripting: Figure out enough to be dangerous, then ask for assistance.

They are very similar

_ExcelWriteFormula uses

$oExcel.Activesheet.Range($sRangeOrRow).Formula = $sFormula

where _ExcelWriteCell uses

$oExcel.Activesheet.Range($sRangeOrRow).Value = $sValue

It's just a matter on how you expect excel to use the data. I would guess you COULD use _ExcelWriteCell for a formula, but I've not done so just to make sure my formulas are entered correctly.

Edit: Darn fingers that don't go as fast as I'm thinking.

I really don't see any difference

Oh well it doesn't matter too much