Who wants to write an AutoIt Updater?

Jon

where can i download the latest version of saunders ?

Thnx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I'm not available for download at this time.

I've added a "filetime" key to the update.dat file.  It contains the timestamp in YYYYMMDDHHMMSS format. (Like FileGetTime/SetTime).

(Edit: It's in UK/GMT so the HHMMSS stuff probably not that useful :lmao: )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Jon, I'll update the script when I get time.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how I'd incorporate a changelog into the GUI, unless it was also in Ini format, but that could get rather long if it included all past changes. Maybe if it just had a short description like what Jon posts in the Revolutions thread... I dunno, he'll think of something I'm sure.

But for now...

Here's the newest version. I rearranged the controls a bunch just to make the date stuff fit the best way I was comfortable with.

Enjoy!

*Edit:

Updated it a bit with a suggestion from a friend. He pointed out that with Internet Explorer, when you go to save a file, it starts downloading the file right away before you select a filename, this way if you ignored the window by accident, or just take your time choosing a filename, the file has potentially finished downloading. I decided to do the same thing with this. So if you press "Download Beta" and then take five minutes to choose where you want to save the file, it will download in the background, and then move it to where you want it afterwards.

I also changed the default for the beta filename to include the full version string.

Edited by Saunders

Okay, I finally added the command line stuff.

There are 3 parameters:

/release - This will compare versions with the latest public release and download if it's new

/beta - Same as above but with the beta version

/silent - The parameter Valik dislikes. :lmao: This will run the downloaded installer with the /S (it was uppercase btw) option, completely hiding the install process.

If the /silent option isn't specified, then it just launches the install file normally (requiring user input, etc)

So if you wanted to always check if a new public release was out and auto install it, you'd make a shortcut like:

"G:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Extras\AutoUpdateIt\AutoUpdateIt.au3" /release /silent

Make sense?

Here it is. Tell me about any problems.

Oops... bug on my part. I had the CompareVersions check commented out so that it would always download.

Odd though, the release should have worked normal and, unlike what this-is-me implies, the beta should have always downloaded...

Also, I have to change the CompareVersions function, as it doesn't see 3.1.0.1 as being newer than 3.0.103.173.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Saunders

Okay. I don't think there's anything wrong with this one (the last version had a misplaced "Then" and the CompareVersions function STILL didn't work properly [that's what I get for writing code when I'm half asleep I guess]).

This is "version" 1.30 (and I think I actually updated all references to the version number in the code this time too).

Enjoy!

Edited by Saunders

Unless somebody has another implementable feature request or finds another bug, this would be the last release.

I can't see anything else to do with it myself.

*Edit: Crap.. speaking of bugs, I just found one with ClipPath. It won't interfere with the operation of the script, but it's stupid so it needs to be fixed. On my way to work now though, so it will have to be later.

Edited by Saunders

Unless somebody has another implementable feature request or finds another bug, this would be the last release.

I can't see anything else to do with it myself.

*Edit: Crap.. speaking of bugs, I just found one with ClipPath. It won't interfere with the operation of the script, but it's stupid so it needs to be fixed. On my way to work now though, so it will have to be later.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in the final integration you must compile it because I am using Scite with the default edit an autoit script, but not execute . So The script pop in the editor and does not execute as it is suppose to be. :lmao:

I think compiling could be up to Jon. No point in me posting a 100kb file when anyone could compile it.

*Edit: Although if he wants me to, I certainly wouldn't have any problem doing so.

Btw, here's another version. Changed _ClipPath. Won't be as pretty but it's good enough.

Edited by Saunders

If Jon wishes to do so, a little alteration on the shortcut creation with the installer, will have the au3 file always run. :lmao:

A sample with Autoit3:

$file = @ProgramFilesDir & '\Autoit3\Autoit3.exe'
$lnk = @ProgramsCommonDir & '\Autoit v3\Check For Updates.lnk'
$workdir = @ProgramFilesDir & '\Autoit3\Extras\AutoUpdateIt'
$args = '"AutoUpdateIt.au3"'

FileCreateShortcut( $file, $lnk, $workdir, $args)

Suggestion: The script just gave me an error because my firewall was blocking autoit (pain in the arse having to get it to allow each new version...). After the error, the script just closes. Any chance of returning to the main window and having a retry option/button/monkey somewhere so that I can retry once I've fixed the problem, and don't have to re-open the program.

Yes, I'm a lazy arse :-)

Suggestion: The script just gave me an error because my firewall was blocking autoit (pain in the arse having to get it to allow each new version...). After the error, the script just closes. Any chance of returning to the main window and having a retry option/button/monkey somewhere so that I can retry once I've fixed the problem, and don't have to re-open the program.

Yes, I'm a lazy arse :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Done.

Uses a MsgBox with Retry/Cancel when it can't connect initially.

ALSO, I made some changes to the CmdLine implementation. I was using TrayTip exclusively, and if someone were not on WinXP/2k or higher, then I guess it wouldn't work right? Now I'm using ProgressOn/Set if the @OSVersion isn't WIN_XP, 2000, or 2003. That should be okay, right?