Comp 2 Comp Communication

para

As alot of you know, I am working on a very unique bot for the game Diablo 2.

It recieves commands from a differant computer, and then does them. So you can be playing and (technically) have as many bots as you want following you around doing whatever you wish... Perfect for SO many situations.

Anyway....

I tried to use the channels in diablo 2, to no prevale...

I tried to use aim, with no prevale...

What I need is a way to communicate computer to computer, but there has to be a few options.

1. It has to be there even if the computers are not "networked"

2. The bot has to be able to clear the text that was typed to it.

I was thinking maybe tcp/ip communications, but larrys *.dll wouldn't allow multiple connections.

I have heard of other methods of tcp communications in other languages, such as c, c++, vb.

I failed to find these script anywere!

My new idea is to have the bot go to a website... On that website there will be 3 things.

It will be a blank page, with the following lay out...

_______________..._____

|________1._____|..[_2._]

_______________.._____

|This Is Were........|.[__3._]

|Sent Text............|

|Appears..............|

|...........................|

|______4.______|

(sorry for the sloppy drawing, best I could do....)

KEY :

1. This is were you type the text you want to send.(commands)

2. This is the send button. After you type in the commands, pressing that will put it in box number 4.

3. This is the clear button. Pressing this button will delete everything that has been sent, everything in box 4. that is.

4. This is were the text that is sent will appear.

I think this would work just fine. I would have the bot open internet explorer hidden and wait for the commands.

If anyone has a better way to do it, please tell me!

If anyone can code this html or php script that I need, it would be MOST appriciated!

Thanks A Ton in advance!!

-Para :idiot:

Edited by para

I´ve made a script that gets text from a mysql database via php

(InetGet)

and then prozesses the commands it gets back

the pc running the bot then just needs a connection to the internet

and can be controlled from anywhere

but you need some php/mysql knowledge to get it to work,

cant explain it more at the moment

Here's what I use to communicate via Yahoo IM. This assumes you already have it running and connected to someone.

To Send:

WinActivate("Who"); replace with username
Send("hello world{ENTER}")

To Recieve:

WinActivate("Who"); replace with username
AutoItSetOption ( "MouseCoordMode", 0 )
MouseClick("left", 20, 140) ; this clicks on the output window
Send("^a^c");                 ; select all text and copy it to clipboard
Local $output = ClipGet()
If NOT @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Clipboard contains:", $output)
Endif

Enjoy!

Make it... you can just simply upload a .ini file with the specific instructions for the bot to follow at a certain time/increment.

For example I made a script to check an ini file for the '1' key, when it finds that key it processes the command inside it. Then it begins searching for the next key, '2'.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.

Try turning your computer into an FTP server, and just access it across the FTP gateway. You can override and access very easily that way and there are some freeware softwares for that.

Only problem is you cannot be behind a server-blocking ISP.

/Edit to clarify, If your ISP blocks server-related events, the described above CANNOT be down.

Edited by Wolvereness

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Wolvereness, you can actually do that.

You can setup your server on a seperate port and use no-ip.com (maybe .org or .net) and just have it forward to that address. It's what I have to do :idiot:

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark TwainPatient: "It hurts when I do $var_"Doctor: "Don't do $var_" - Lar.