Compare Fileversions

Hi,

I am looking for a possibilitie to get the version of an exe or dll file. As a software tester I often need to compare versions of builds.

In ahk I have filegetversion, is there something similar in autoit? I haven't found it in the helpfile or forum. A point in the correct

direction would be enough.

I would like to use autoit for my purposes because it is

easier to learn and has better readable code (my opinion).

Yours - cherub

• Moderators

Hi,

I am looking for a possibilitie to get the version of an exe or dll file. As a software tester I often need to compare versions of builds.

In ahk I have filegetversion, is there something similar in autoit? I haven't found it in the helpfile or forum. A point in the correct

direction would be enough.

I would like to use autoit for my purposes because it is

easier to learn and has better readable code (my opinion).

Yours - cherub

Look under Index in the help file... Go to File... look at FileGetVersion muttley ...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Look under Index in the help file... Go to File... look at FileGetVersion muttley ...

Shame on my. I was looking for "version" and "compare" cause I could not imagine, that it is the same thing as in ahk.

Sorry for that posting and thank you - cherub

• Moderators

Shame on my. I was looking for "version" and "compare" cause I could not imagine, that it is the same thing as in ahk.

Sorry for that posting and thank you - cherub

The two languages are similar for a reason, we'll leave that reason alone (please don't ask).

Welcome to AutoIt all the same.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.