Creating a "modal" dialog box

how to i create a window that is like the edit color dialog box in microsoft paint where it is modal and requires immediate attention and i cannot access any other window until i close the modal window or take some certain action on it?

how to i create a window that is like the edit color dialog box in microsoft paint where it is modal and requires immediate attention and i cannot access any other window until i close the modal window or take some certain action on it?

Use $DS_MODALFRAME and $DS_SETFOREGROUND

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
GUICreate ( $title, $width, $height, $left, $top, $DS_MODALFRAME + $DS_SETFOREGROUND)
Edited by aslani

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version

well my gui isn't locked anymore but it doesnt work. i can still access my main gui when my modal one is open..

You have to set your main GUI to Disable when your modal GUI is active, then Enable when the modal GUI is closed

GUISetState (@SW_DISABLE, $gui_main)oÝ÷ Ø@ÈL]y×±jjey«­¢+Ù]¡¥±Ä($ÀÌØíµÍôU%Ñ5Í ¤($(%M±Ð($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØíU%}Y9Q}
1=M($$%á¥Ñ1½½À($$$($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØíµ½°($$%U%MÑMÑÑ¡M]}%M 1°ÀÌØíÕ¥}µ¥¸¤($$%U%MÑMÑÑ¡M]}M!=°ÀÌØíÕ¥}µ½°¤($$($%
ÍÀÌØíµÍôÀÌØíµ½±}±½Í¤($$%U%MÑMÑÑ¡M]}!%°ÀÌØíÕ¥}µ½°¤($$%U%MÑMÑÑ¡M]}9 1°ÀÌØíÕ¥}µ¥¸¤($$$(%¹M±Ð)]¹
Edited by aslani

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version