Progress Bar Scaleing

I have a progress bar eg.

$Progressbar = GUICtrlCreateProgress(7, 72, 432, 12)

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Say 100 points long

Now what is happening when I use the progress bar its filling the bar past what I can see for example it finds new records and goes to 177 but I can only see to 100. I would like it to load the 177 so it ends at the 100 point..

Hopefully that makes sense to someone muttley

I don't want to change the display SIZE of the bar.

Thanks

I have a progress bar eg.

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> Say 100 points long

Now what is happening when I use the progress bar its filling the bar past what I can see for example it finds new records and goes to 177 but I can only see to 100. I would like it to load the 177 so it ends at the 100 point..

Hopefully that makes sense to someone muttley

I don't want to change the display SIZE of the bar.

Thanks

To find the percentage of each increment, just divide 100 (which is the total length of the progress bar) by the total (177 records). Then after each record is processed, add 100/177 to the current progress.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

To find the percentage of each increment, just divide 100 (which is the total length of the progress bar) by the total (177 records). Then after each record is processed, add 100/177 to the current progress.

Falls over shaking... Umm This is what I have

For $iIndex = 1 To $oRS.RecordCount

GUICtrlSetData($Progressbar, $iIndex)

$oRS.MoveNext

Next

Where abouts to I include that calculation.. ?

Falls over shaking... Umm This is what I have

GUICtrlSetData($Progressbar, $iIndex)

$oRS.MoveNext

Next

Where abouts to I include that calculation.. ?

$progress = 0

GUICtrlSetData($Progressbar, $progress)
$progress += 100/$oRS.RecordCount
$oRS.MoveNext
Next
Edited by Airwolf
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

Why is the $progress += 100/177 after it sets it ???

To add another 100/177 to the $progress variable so that the next time the For loop kicks off and the progress bar is updated, it will display the proper percentage. Without the $progress += 100/177 line, the progress bar would be updated to 0% every time.

To add another 100/177 to the $progress variable so that the next time the For loop kicks off and the progress bar is updated, it will display the proper percentage. Without the $progress += 100/177 line, the progress bar would be updated to 0% every time.

Ahhh.. Man that makes way more sense.. Thanks for the GREAT HELP...

P.S. IT worked perfect...

Just for reference, here's what I did on mine.

Func _cList()
    WinActivate($title)

Dim $aList[1][5]

$i_path_1 = FileOpenDialog("Load Forms", @DesktopDir & "\", "MS Excel Files (*.xl*;*.xls)", 4)
    $i_path_2 = FileOpenDialog("Create List or Add to a List", @DesktopDir & "\", "MS Excel Files (*.xl*;*.xls)")

$aFiles = StringSplit($i_path_1, '|')

;_ArrayDisplay ($aFiles, "$aFiles") ; for debug

$mousePos = MouseGetPos()

_MouseTrap($mousePos[0], $mousePos[1], $mousePos[0], $mousePos[1])

$prog_gui = GuiCreate("Please wait", 500, 70, -1, $guiloc_y-100)
    $prog_bar1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress ($offset_1, 5, 475, 10, $PBS_SMOOTH)
    $prog_bar2 = GUICtrlCreateProgress ($offset_1, 20, 475, 10, $PBS_SMOOTH)
    $prog_label = GUICtrlCreateLabel ("", $offset_1, 35, 475, 25)
    GUISetState (@SW_SHOW, $prog_gui)
    $prog_perc1 = 0
    $prog_perc2 = 0

For $ia = 0 To Ubound($aFiles) - 3
        $cOrig = 26 ;26 or 28

GUICtrlSetData ($prog_label, "Reading..." & @CRLF & $aFiles[1] & "\" & $aFiles[$ia+2])
        $aList[$ia][0] = _ExcelReadCell($rExcel, "C5")              ; description
        $aList[$ia][1] = _ExcelReadCell($rExcel, "C7")              ; manufacturer
        $aList[$ia][2] = _ExcelReadCell($rExcel, "C9")              ; mfg partnumber
        $aList[$ia][3] = _ExcelReadCell($rExcel, "C" & $cOrig)      ; originator name
        $ord = _ExcelReadCell($rExcel, "P" & $cOrig)                ; originator date
        _ExcelBookClose($rExcel)

$ord = StringLeft(String($ord), 8)
        $ordm = StringRight(StringLeft($ord, 6), 2)
        $ordd = StringRight($ord, 2)
        $ordy = StringLeft($ord, 4)
        $aList[$ia][4] = $ordm & "/" & $ordd & "/" & $ordy

ReDim $aList[UBound($aList) + 1][Ubound($aList, 2)]
        $prog_perc1 += 100 / (Ubound($aFiles) - 3)
        GUICtrlSetData ($prog_bar1, $prog_perc1)
    Next

For $ib = 0 To UBound($aList) - 1
        $cl = 2
        GUICtrlSetData ($prog_label, "Writing..." & @CRLF & $i_path_2)
        Local $oExcel = _ExcelBookOpen($i_path_2, 0)

While _ExcelReadCell($oExcel, "B" & $cl) <> ""
            $cl = $cl+1
        WEnd

_ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $aList[$ib][0], "B" & $cl)     ; description
        _ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $aList[$ib][1], "C" & $cl)     ; manufacturer
        _ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $aList[$ib][2], "D" & $cl)     ; mfg partnumber
        _ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $aList[$ib][3], "J" & $cl)     ; originator name
        _ExcelWriteCell($oExcel, $aList[$ib][4], "K" & $cl)     ; originator date

_ExcelBookClose($oExcel)
        $prog_perc2 += 100 / Ubound($aList)
        GUICtrlSetData ($prog_bar2, $prog_perc2)
    Next

_MouseTrap()

MsgBox(0, "Done.", "Task is complete.")
    GUISetState (@SW_HIDE, $prog_gui)
EndFunc
Edited by aslani

[font="Georgia"]Chances are, I'm wrong.[/font]HotKey trouble?Stringregexp GuideAutoIT Current Version