ControlSend a variable

My GUI has some text boxes that the user can input a Key into.

At the moment i use

Send(GUICtrlRead($key1))

which if the user had input "A" into the text box would send "A" to the Active Window

How can i do the same using ControlSend so that the window doesn't need to be Active?

ControlSend($window, "", "", "{A}")
sends "A" correctly but i want {A} to be the Value entered in $key1 text box from the GUI

ControlSend($window, "", "", GUICtrlRead($key1))

OMG LOL

Thank you i think iv been looking at code to long today my brain must be fried i'd tried multiple variations of what you put but with quotes and brackets and the like.

Iv also been using Au3Info.exe to get Information from my GUI for the last hour trying all sorts of things like

ControlSend($window, "", "[ID:15]")

Once again Thank You

ControlSend($window, "", "", GUICtrlRead($key1))

is that code working..???it is possible to use that??

[font="Arial Black"]Looking for a partner in making Perfect Bot for DEKARONPm me if you wanna join.....[/font]

it is possible to use that??

Yes.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt