Error: Error opening the destination file

On compile I get this error. File is NOT Hidden or Read-only

I'm running the latest version of AutoIT on Vista Ultimate.

Help!

-- David

Post your code and we'll try to help.
Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

I just downloaded from your website and am getting the same error. I tried compiling locardwins excelCOM UDF and got the same error.

I was compiling the code below:

Func _ExcelBookNew($fVisible = 1)
    Local $oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
    If NOT IsObj($oExcel) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If NOT IsNumber($fVisible) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)
    If $fVisible > 1 Then $fVisible = 1
    If $fVisible < 0 Then $fVisible = 0
    With $oExcel
        .Visible = $fVisible
        .WorkBooks.Add
        .ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Select()
    EndWith
    Return $oExcel
EndFunc ;==>_ExcelBookNew

_excelbooknew(0)

I have the same exact problem. Even with a simple script like:

Msgbox(0, "Test", "This is a test.")

What do you mean by "full" version? If you are referring to the full installation that includes AutoIt, Aut2exe, AutoItX, and SciTE, I have that and it does not work. I don't know what version I had before I reinstalled windows the other day but this new version does not work no matter what I do. Even tried older versions, so something has changed. I am running, (currently) the latest version of AutoIt with Windows Vista Home Premium.

Also, I installed the latest version on my grandma's computer, (running XP) and it had the same exact error. I installed an older version and it worked. So, now at least I can compile my scripts, but it is getting to be too big of a hassle. I've tried versions as far back as May 07 on my Vista machine though. All of them having the same exact error!

Any news on a fix to this?

Edit: NM. I just figured it out. My anti-virus evidently kept deleting the file before it was fully compiled, (the upx one). I had read that it may be the anti-virus but it never worked when I exited it. So tonight I gave it one more shot and instead of exiting AVG I just disabled the resident shield. I thought the resident shield was disabled when you exit AVG but evidently not. SO. For future reference, make sure your anti-virus is FULLY disabled before trying it again. Thanks anyway. (Now I have to figure out how to exclude resident shield from scanning my build files.

P.S.

By the way, turning off UPX compression did not help. The only thing that helped was to FULLY disable AVG.

Edit again:

I found a workaround besides Emailing AVG that it is a false positive. I made a directory for when I compile, put my scripts in there and added the directory to AVG's exceptions list. Once the EXE is compiled AVG does not see it as a threat.

Edited by netman74501

• 1 year later...
  • Developers

Are you sure you have the proper rights to the share?

Can you show me the SciTE output pane information when it fails for you on a new EXE?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can you show me the SciTE output pane information when it fails for you on a new EXE?

Jos

Yes, it has worked fine on all of these shares before and I yes, we have permission on all of them. Like I said, once I compile it with right-click Compile with Options, it works fine from F7 (I have to do each script that way.)

Keith Davis

MCSA, ZCE, A+, N+

http://www.laurinkeithdavis.com

• Developers

Yes, it has worked fine on all of these shares before and I yes, we have permission on all of them. Like I said, once I compile it with right-click Compile with Options, it works fine from F7 (I have to do each script that way.)

I understood that but that could still mean you do not have Create rights within a SciTE session but do have Modify rights.

Anyways: I know one has to be careful with asking 2 questions but I did it anyways. ;)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I understood that but that could still mean you do not have Create rights within a SciTE session but do have Modify rights.

Anyways: I know one has to be careful with asking 2 questions but I did it anyways. ;)

I am an Administrator over the machine, Domain Users have Full Control (Share), and Administrators have Full Control (Security.)

Keith Davis

MCSA, ZCE, A+, N+

http://www.laurinkeithdavis.com

• Developers

I ment with my last remark:

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.