how to learn.

There isn't enough tutorials for autoit on the internet so what is the best way to learn?

There is a book (in my signature). There will be a more in-depth 2nd edition coming out soon.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

The best way to learn is: read (Forum, Help, Examples) and practice (alot of practice).

IMO you have more than enough material to learn from (every item in the help file has an example) ... the practice part is very important but it's entirely up to you.

It is very important to try and solve yourself the problems (before looking for solutions on the forum or asking for help) - you will get a better understand of the coding.

You can't become an AutoiIt "expert" overnight but you can shorten the time needed.

Good luck,

SNMP_UDF ... for SNMPv1 and v2c so far, GetBulk and a new example script

wannabe "Unbeatable" Tic-Tac-Toe

Paper-Scissor-Rock ... try to beat it anyway :)

I'm newish to autoit3 but I found it easier because I did C# in college. There is a big difference between the two languages but I'm getting there muttley

It mainly takes a lot of practice and the help file is great! If you don't know the name of a command u want you can always do a search of the help file.

Muzle - AutoIt is a great language, I must ask, but why downgrade? Lol. Nah just kidding - I could see a number of reasons.

Smidge - Trial and Error is ace. As long as you're not working with any destructive commands (like formatting your hard drive), its not like you're going to blow up your computer by typing in some little command just to see how it works, or what works with it muttley

Best of luck!

-Monkeh

Monkeh.