The GUI created in this function is unresponsive...

Func qcode()

msgbox(0, "test", "starting qcode")

_IEAction ( $o_IE, "visible" )

$Form3 = GUICreate("Enter Security Code", 219, 68, 193, 125)

$secinput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 22, 113, 21)

$subsec = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 144, 20, 65, 25, 0)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "terminate")

GUICtrlSetOnEvent ( $subsec, "SubmitCode" )

while 1

sleep(50)

WEnd

EndFunc

Anyone have any idea why when this function is called, the GUI it creates does nothing? It is the only GUI open at the time it is called... Also, Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) is used earlier in the script.

Edited by brodie28

#include <GuiConstants.au3>
AutoItSetOption ( "GUIOnEventMode",1)

$Form3 = GUICreate("Enter Security Code", 219, 68, 193, 125)
$secinput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 16, 22, 113, 21)
$subsec = GUICtrlCreateButton("Submit", 144, 20, 65, 25, 0)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "terminate")
GUICtrlSetOnEvent ( $subsec, "SubmitCode" )

while 1
sleep(50)
WEnd

Func terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func SubmitCode()
    MsgBox(0,"","SUBMIT")
EndFunc

When the words fail... music speaks.

• Developers

Is this func called by an EVENT from another GUI?

If so you need to complete that event first before a next Event is handled.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

As in the script posted above, it's not a good idea to have a while loop in your function. You main while loop should be in the main body of the script. In addition if this is a second GUI, you don't need another while loop, as the first / main loop takes care of this.

I need to have a while loop in that function though. In my script, There is a main GUI at the start which has a while loop... But then it calls a function and the main GUI is deleted. In the middle of the function it calls, this function is called and I need it to stop and get the user input before the first function continues.

It looks something like this:

Main GUI (with while loop) - calls function main()

main() - In the middle of this function, the function I posted is called.

So it needs its own while loop so that the user inputs the data needed before continuing the main function.

• Developers

I need to have a while loop in that function though. In my script, There is a main GUI at the start which has a while loop... But then it calls a function and the main GUI is deleted. In the middle of the function it calls, this function is called and I need it to stop and get the user input before the first function continues.

It looks something like this:

Main GUI (with while loop) - calls function main()

main() - In the middle of this function, the function I posted is called.

So it needs its own while loop so that the user inputs the data needed before continuing the main function.

I have given you the reason why it doesn't work when the Func qcode() is called by a EVENT. You need to change your code that this Event finishes before building the new GUI or not use GUIEvents for the second GUI.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It just will not work that way. You can only have one While loop for OnEvent mode. You'll have to break the first function up. If you need data from this first GUI to create the main GUI, then do you initialization and call this GUI in one function. In the exit function for this GUI call the function that creates your main GUI -

Init() -> call _InputGUI()

InputGUI exit function -> calls _MainGUI()