FileSaveDialog() Help !

Hello every1,

I have this code to make a save dir for my files, .TXT and .HTML

Everything seems go down when i have .TXT and .HTML, i meant how can i detect if the user save as TXT ? or HTML, as you can see in my code, i save it with & ".txt" , but how about if user save them as .HTML ?

Thanks for reply

$File=FileSaveDialog("Save These Code","","Text files (*.txt)|HTML files (*.htm;*.html)")
            _Write()

Func _Write()
    FileWrite($File & ".txt",GUICtrlRead($RawHTML))
    FileClose($File & ".txt")
EndFunc

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Hello,

I think you can make a select between Html & txt , if the user select (.txt) and save so that will be .txt if he select (.html) that will be .html so you have to search how to do multi select for extentions...

No-life of autoit...what could be better ?LAST SCRIPTS WITH AUTO-IT : CLICK HERE

Thanks for reply,

$File=FileSaveDialog("Save These Code","","Text files (*.txt)|HTML files (*.htm;*.html)")
            _Write()

Func _Write()
    FileWrite($File,GUICtrlRead($RawHTML))
    FileClose($File)
EndFuncoÝ÷ Øò¢êîØb±Ê{*.ßÙe±ç­«mçâì"VÞ±«Þu»­XÇ9Dâ·l{^Ȩ+wöÆ®IèÁø¥{­Fòµë"¢yrq©ìj÷¢µ«]8i×b
7èX¥y©©ªê-·jºh®«¨¶f«¨µ»­¶©®åzkajØ¢}ý¶IèÂ0¶z{b(¶®±êÜ©àzØ^±é^rب6«jdájy,~ëzrnëZºÚ"µÍÌÍÑ[OQ[TØ]QX[ÙÊ ][ÝÔØ]HÙHÛÙI][ÝË    ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ][ÝÕ^[È

_S[È

NÊ[
I][ÝÊBÙØÞ
    ][ÝÉ][ÝË    ÌÍÑ[J

The code show the file name, it doesn't have an Extension, so every try to find its extension is impossible

Edited by d4rk

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

If Its possible to have the file with extention look that :

$var=FileOpenDialog("EXE FILE",@ProgramFilesDir,"Exe Files (*.exe)",1+2)

If @error Then
MsgBox(4096,"","No File(s) chosen")
Else
$var=StringSplit($var,'\')
$i=1

While 2
If $var[$i]=$var[$var[0]] Then
MsgBox(0,'$var['&$i&']',""&$var[$var[0]])
ExitLoop
EndIf
$i=$i+1
WEnd
EndIf
Edited by d3mon
No-life of autoit...what could be better ?LAST SCRIPTS WITH AUTO-IT : CLICK HERE

Thanks for you code, it seems works ...

Thanks for you code, it seems works ...

It's not obvious to me how that works when the return doesn't include the extension.

Maybe you can get something out of this

$g1 = GUICreate("save and find extension")
GUIRegisterMsg(7000, "gettype")
$AutoItexePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir")
Global $type = "unknown",$rectype = False

$ftemp = FileOpen("fotemp.au3", 2)
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '#Include <SendMessage.au3>')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'opt("wintitlematchmode",2)')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'Global $t1 = "hgtr",$ans = 1')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'winWait("Save These Code","",10)')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'while WinExists("Save These Code","")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$t = WingetText("Save These Code","")');,"[CLASS:Combo3;instance:3]")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$txt = stringinstr($t,"*.txt")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$htm = stringinstr($t,"*.htm")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'if $txt and not $htm then $ans = 1')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'if not $txt and $htm then $ans = 2')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'wend')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$Wh1 = wingethandle("save and find extension")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '_SendMessage($Wh1,7000,$ans)')

FileClose($ftemp)
Run('"' & $AutoItexePath & '\AutoIt3.exe "' & ' "' & @ScriptDir & '\fotemp.au3"')

$File = FileSaveDialog("Save These Code", "", "Text files (*.txt)|HTML files (*.htm;*.html)")
ConsoleWrite("File name returned = " & $File & @CRLF)
While Not $rectype
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

ConsoleWrite("Extension chosen is " & $type & @CRLF)
If StringInStr($File,'.') = 0 Then $File = $File & $type
ConsoleWrite("Correct file name is " & $File & @CRLF)

Func gettype($Hwnd, $mg, $wparam, $lparam)
    Switch $wparam
        Case 1
            $type = ".txt"
        Case 2
            $type = ".htm"
    EndSwitch
    $rectype = True
EndFunc  ;==>gettype

EDIT: improved the example but same idea.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

@Martin

Thanks, But the script only works when you click on an existed file, if you type a new name then no extension is show ...

Edited by d4rk

@Martin

Thanks, But the script only works when you click on an existed file, if you type a new name then no extension is show ...

Not for me when I run the code I posted. If I select htm from the file type combo, and type abcdef as the file name then the name abcdef.htm is written in the console output of SciTE.

The whole point of my post was that you could find the extension when only the name was given without the extension.

Can you give me an example of what you tried?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Weird, i do the same as you but i can't get the extension, it only works when i click on an already exist file ... but thanks anyway, i give up that script and start somewhere else.

Weird, i do the same as you but i can't get the extension, it only works when i click on an already exist file ... but thanks anyway, i give up that script and start somewhere else.

I am using this script so I would be interested to know what goes wrong.

Can you tell me what the message is when you run this?

$g1 = GUICreate("save and find extension")
GUIRegisterMsg(7000, "gettype")
$AutoItexePath = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AutoIt v3\AutoIt", "InstallDir")
Global $type = "unknown",$rectype = False

$ftemp = FileOpen("fotemp.au3", 2)
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '#Include <SendMessage.au3>')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'opt("wintitlematchmode",2)')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'Global $t1 = "hgtr",$ans = 1')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'winWait("Save These Code","",10)')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'while WinExists("Save These Code","")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$t = WingetText("Save These Code","")');,"[CLASS:Combo3;instance:3]")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$txt = stringinstr($t,"*.txt")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$htm = stringinstr($t,"*.htm")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'if $txt and not $htm then $ans = 1')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'if not $txt and $htm then $ans = 2')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, 'wend')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '$Wh1 = wingethandle("save and find extension")')
FileWriteLine($ftemp, '_SendMessage($Wh1,7000,$ans)')

FileClose($ftemp)
Run('"' & $AutoItexePath & '\AutoIt3.exe "' & ' "' & @ScriptDir & '\fotemp.au3"')

$File = FileSaveDialog("Save These Code", "", "Text files (*.txt)|HTML files (*.htm;*.html)")
ConsoleWrite("File name returned = " & $File & @CRLF)
While Not $rectype
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

MsgBox(0,"Extension chosen is ", $type)
$File = $File & $type
MsgBox( 0,"Correct file name is ",$File)

Func gettype($Hwnd, $mg, $wparam, $lparam)
    Switch $wparam
        Case 1
            $type = ".txt"
        Case 2
            $type = ".htm"
    EndSwitch
    $rectype = True
EndFunc ;==>gettype

Hey muttley :) This ones works , but in the post #7 isn't ... maybe you should release this sooner.

Thx

Hey muttley :) This ones works , but in the post #7 isn't ... maybe you should release this sooner.

Thx

That's good.

I assume that the one in post 7 didn't work because you had a '.' somewhere in the file path, and I had a condition that if '.' was not in the file name then the extension was added.