Help please! I can't compile/run au3!

For some reason, and I don't know why I can't compile any au3 scripts! I got an error compiling the script and then an error trying to run the exe. I had beta installed but I un-installed both beta and 3.2 with a fresh install but I still get the errors! muttley

Someone please help me! Here are two screen shots of both errors.

Regards.

Compile error:

Posted Image

Run error:

Posted Image

• Developers

How are you compiling ?

What is the name of the input script file?

Does the output exe already exist and is it running?

When using SciTE: show the Output pane info for F5 and F7.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi Jos,

I'm compiling by right clicking the script and selecting "Compile Script".

I'm not sure what you mean by input file but if you mean the name of the script it varies. :(

The .exe does not exist as the names of the scripts vary and i tested it with a random names like "Fsd3her423fsdfd".

What is SciTE?

Sorry I'm still not familiar with a few autoit terms, please explain so I can answer more questions if it helps.

Regards.

EDIT: I just compiled using F7 and it worked! :) Thank you so much. I wonder why I can't quick compile with right-click muttley

Edited by muzle6074

• Moderators

Hi Jos,

I'm compiling by right clicking the script and selecting "Compile Script".

I'm not sure what you mean by input file but if you mean the name of the script it varies. :(

The .exe does not exist as the names of the scripts vary and i tested it with a random names like "Fsd3her423fsdfd".

What is SciTE?

Sorry I'm still not familiar with a few autoit terms, please explain so I can answer more questions if it helps.

Regards.

EDIT: I just compiled using F7 and it worked! :) Thank you so much. I wonder why I can't quick compile with right-click muttley

Can you compile with F5 as well?

Your registry settings may be screwed up for the context menu options to compile by right clicking.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Can you compile with F5 as well?

Your registry settings may be screwed up for the context menu options to compile by right clicking.

Yeah, when I'm in the script editor and I hit F5 it runs the script as it should and F7 will compile it but the right click thing throws the errors muttley

• Developers

Try running attached script to fix the registry.

You need to copy it to the AutoIt3 Program directory and then run it.

Jos

Fix_AutoIt3Help_and_FileExt_Association.au3

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I ran the script but I still can't compile with right-click then compile with running both the "run" and "edit" from the script.

muttley ... ok I understood that the script didn't fix it but the rest is abacadabra to me.. :) Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.