Aut@Exe Error

I have a script that works. I use it to detect the current user's name and change the settings of a program to their personal settings. I attempted to compile it. The result is that I get a message::

"Aut2Exe Error"

"Error: Error opening the destination file"

An executable file is then deposited in the directory I was working in. If I try to execute it I get:

"AutoIt Error"

"Unable to open the script file"

I have been messing with autoit for several weeks and have been unable to get a script to compile correctly and to get an executable file that works.

• Developers

What is the size of this EXE?

What files do you have in directory: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe ?

Can you show the output of SciTE when doing F7 (Compile) of your script assuming you have SciTE4AutoIt3 also installed.

..and check any of your AV sofware running for false positives.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

What is the size of this EXE?

What files do you have in directory: C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe ?

Can you show the output of SciTE when doing F7 (Compile) of your script assuming you have SciTE4AutoIt3 also installed.

..and check any of your AV sofware running for false positives.

Jos

Thank you for your quick response. I had expected not to get a nibble for a few hour at the least.

the exe size is 516 KB

the items in the autoit3/auto2exe are:

Aut2exe.exe

Aut2exe_64.exe

Aut2exeA.exe

AutoItASC.bin

AutoItSC.bin

AutoItSC_x63.bin

upx.exe

I do have scite for auto it installed, but used the context menu to compile the script. I am now checking the results from F7 in scite...Result is:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>16:30:48 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.8 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>16:30:48 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

!>16:30:58 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999

>Exit code: 0 Time: 11.405

Also I am using AVG... It has not provided any notification that it has interfered with anything...

• Developers

Thank you for your quick response. I had expected not to get a nibble for a few hour at the least.

the exe size is 516 KB

the items in the autoit3/auto2exe are:

Aut2exe.exe

Aut2exe_64.exe

Aut2exeA.exe

AutoItASC.bin

AutoItSC.bin

AutoItSC_x63.bin

upx.exe

I do have scite for auto it installed, but used the context menu to compile the script. I am now checking the results from F7 in scite...Result is:

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /prod /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3"

+>16:30:48 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.1.10.1.8 Environment(Language:0409 Keyboard:00000409 OS:WIN_XP/Service Pack 2 CPU:X86)

>Running AU3Check (1.54.13.0) from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3

+>16:30:48 AU3Check ended.rc:0

>Running:(3.2.12.1):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.au3" /out "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\pprobar activation.exe" /comp 2 /pack /Bin C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\AutoItSC.bin

!>16:30:58 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build.rc:9999

>Exit code: 0 Time: 11.405

Also I am using AVG... It has not provided any notification that it has interfered with anything...

That looks all good except you can see that AutoIt3Wrapper detects that the script is not created. You say the target (pprobar activation.exe) already exists?

If so, can you delete it manually and try to Compile the script again?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 9 months later...

LostZXC: You've certainly solved it by now, but I might as well post for others who hit this particular snag...

That's the problem, I experienced the exact same behaviour -- turning off AVG Resident Shield solved it. AVG Resident will get in the way even if you turn off UPX, so disable Resident temporarily.

It's a real pain. You can add exception paths to Resident configuration, but that has the obvious limitations. Oh well, at least I can compile now.

Cheers.

• 3 months later...

LostZXC: You've certainly solved it by now, but I might as well post for others who hit this particular snag...

LostZXC perhaps, but not me... at least before reading your reply: Thanks a lot Zulu!

Michel

Gestion des congés, RTT, vacances scolaires, autres absences sur Pocket PC : CongésRFV