White Eagle Media Player! Updated to 3.0.0.0

ludocus

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It keeps on telling me there is a new update available. Then if I download the new update it tells me I need to download a new update again.

I don't really get how the multiple playlists work. I can't really seem to switch playlists. I just always create a new one or add a dir to more music on. Where do the playlists I create go?

It would be nice if it would save the volume level and if it didn't ask me everytime I start the program if I want to add the music on another drive.

My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

new update (a bug fix update this time :) ): 2.2.5.0

-added possibility for me to debug

-added custom error control

-got rid of minimized button.. (why would you need one if you can just click on >)

-fixed the bug when you clicked prev (it wouldn't work and error)

-fixed a playlist bug

-added option to add a file to one of your playlists (menu > menuitem(s))

-fixed screen size bug

-fixed minimizing bug

-fixed a ton of other small bugs.. >_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sysmenu buttons do not work. You should also add recursion to the playlist directory or make recursion an option. Also try adding a library. The easiest way would be recurse through the selected directory(ies) and add the paths to a file or regkey.

1) Are you sure the sysmenu doesn't work? On my computer is does and on a different one is does to.. (I have xp)

2) What is a recursion?

I'm not sure what the dbzfanatic was talking about but your add dir function already uses recursion. That basically means it adds every folder inside the folder you select, not just the files inside the individual folder.

A few suggestions:

• Everytime I start it up I have to update again
  • Use a _GUICtrlListVIew_BeginUpDate and EndUpdate when adding items, it will prevent flickering
  • In my opinion, your method of adding playlists is very unuser friendly... Add an exit button, I used the Escape key as a last resort and was surprised when it worked
  • Also, I would put labels on the speed, so the user knows which way is high and low
  • About the speed thing, here is my suggestion: It is hard to get it back to the exact original speed, that's why I think you should have it snap to the original when it gets withing 5% on the slider...

EDIT: Also, DO NOT leave a program running, I still have a try icon for AutoIt error handler... I really don't like when programs leave stuff running like that.

Edited by Achilles
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]

Thnx for your suggestions..

Do you have the newest version (2.6.5.0)? If you dont then just download the installer from the main page..

There is already an exit button (sort of) its just a text saying exit (left)

What do you mean by adding playlists?

you mean when it is putting all the songs into the list or do you mean the Playlist Options gui?..

Isn't there a X button on every gui? (like in the screenshot on the main gui).

The labels on the speed wich you are talking about is indeed handy.. I'm going to do that.. (+ and -)

I know it is hard to get it back into place thats why when you go over the White Eagle pic a tooltip comes up saying:

Click to reset speed and volume sliders..

But your way is better..