Two More Items

GEOSoft

StringStripWS [Flag] 4 = strip double (or more) spaces between words. I think this would be better if it stripped all white spaces between words or add a flag for that purpose.

Documentation Something has always seemed to be not quite right about the MsgBox page and I finally realized what it is. The logical sequence of the page is wrong. The table of Types should be ahead of the table of Return Values. When someone is writing a message box they need to get the Type before they start writing code for the Return Value.

For example;

$mb = (5 <<<< This is where you need the type

If $mb = <<< This is where you need the return code.

This could also be solved by adding a bookmark to the Type table and inserting the bookmark link right below the Parameters table.

Also the section that includes the Type table would be better if it was named Types instead of Remarks.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

MsgBox docs: I agree somewhat. The order is not the best; however, the order is consistent with other pages. :whistle:

StringStripWS: Again, I somewhat agree. Flag 4 is useful as is. But your suggestion should be a new flag:

8 = strip all spaces between words

Currently, I use variations on StringReplace($string, " ", "") to achieve this.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

MsgBox docs: I agree somewhat. The order is not the best; however, the order is consistent with other pages.

Then how about the bookmark idea? And I still say that Remarks should be changed to Type. There are really no remarks as such on that page.

8 = strip all spaces between words

Currently, I use variations on StringReplace($string, " ", "") to achieve this.

Yep, a new flag would be best. I use a similar workaround. but it's clumsy compared to a proper flag.

Still on Docs, it's not mentioned in the help file, but I discovered there are minimum sizes that can be used for InputBox. I didn't play around to see what they actually are, but if you are using a very simple "Prompt" then setting Width and Height to '1' will give the minimum size. You might (or might not) want to include that information.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

Still on Docs, it's not mentioned in the help file, but I discovered there are minimum sizes that can be used for InputBox.  I didn't play around to see what they actually are, but if you are using a very simple "Prompt" then setting Width and Height to '1' will give the minimum size.  You might (or might not) want to include that information.

Thanks! I forgot to put that info.
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Ok a new flag for remove all white space in string. I can write that this week and submit to Jon, right after InputBox timeout and optiobns (done, but not sent) and Redim (written, not tested). :whistle:

David Nuttall
Nuttall Computer Consulting

An Aquarius born during the Age of Aquarius

AutoIt allows me to re-invent the wheel so much faster.

I'm off to write a wizard, a wonderful wizard of odd...