Removal of Funny UST Scandal avi.exe UPDATED SCRIPT

This script will remove the virus Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe UPDATED SCRIPT

its a godd thing i made this script earlier because i recieved the virus last night over yahoo messenger

VIRUS REMOVER PART1

run("cmd.exe")
send("cd\")
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
send("attrib -h -s smss.exe")
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
send("attrib -h -s autorun.inf")
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
FileDelete( "C:\smss.exe")
sleep(5000)
FileDelete("C:\autorun.inf")
sleep(5000)
filedelete("C:\Funny UST Scandal.avi.exe.exe")
sleep(5000)

VIRUS REMOVER PART 2

run("cmd.exe")
send("cd windows")
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
send("attrib -h -s smss.exe)
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
send("start c:\windows")
send("{ENTER}")
sleep(5000)
filedelete("C:\WINDOWS\smss.exe")
sleep(5000)
filedelete("C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\lsass.exe")
Edited by 2words4uready

• Developers

I am kinda lost what these scripts are supposed to do.

They start the CMD prompt, then type some command to just open the explorer and then to tell you to delete files?

How did you figure that these files should be deleted anyways?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I am kinda lost what these scripts are supposed to do.

They start the CMD prompt, then type some command to just open the explorer and then to tell you to delete files?

How did you figure that these files should be deleted anyways?

because of hours of tedious running on the cmd prompt while trying to remove this virus

on a friends computer the reason it tells you to delete the files is because i dont have the virus so it prevents me from automating the delteing part

• Developers

This to me is like saying that "Format c:" also removes the virus if you know what I mean.

Let me put it this way:

When you are not sure about these type of things then just don't tell people to delete files but tell them to get a proper AV package installed.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

This to me is like saying that "Format c:" also removes the virus if you know what I mean.

Let me put it this way:

When you are not sure about these type of things then just don't tell people to delete files but tell them to get a proper AV package installed.

Jos

a proper av does not detect this virus

it was also made with autoit V3

on a friends computer the reason it tells you to delete the files is because i dont have the virus so it prevents me from automating the delteing part

.. so you are basically saying you DONT KNOW why you do this?

i am suspicious why to delete the smss.exe?

thats part of the OP : "session manager subsystem" ?? it shouldnt be deleted ?

next :

"LSASS" oder Local Security Authority Subsystem Service

this shouldnt be deleted either !! or windows wont start again

so it can be really harmful if ppl accidently delete the files from the WRONG spot muttley

sorry: but for me your "antivirus script" looks like a bad idea :)

i better trust on a decent antivirus program (BTW the virus was already on the freeware avira antivir list somewhere in january..)

Edited by nobbe

Let me put it this way:

Jos

The virus also prevent you from installing anything

• Developers

The virus also prevent you from installing anything

When you have a virus you shouldn't try to install software nor keep running from the infected partition.

I use a WinPE CD to boot and run AV from there.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

.. so you are basically saying you DONT KNOW why you do this?

i am suspicious why to delete the smss.exe?

thats part of the OP : "session manager subsystem" ?? it shouldnt be deleted ?

next :

"LSASS" oder Local Security Authority Subsystem Service

this shouldnt be deleted either !! or windows wont start again

so it can be really harmful if ppl accidently delete the files from the WRONG spot muttley

sorry: but for me your "antivirus script" looks like a bad idea :)

i better trust on a decent antivirus program (BTW the virus was already on the freeware avira antivir list somewhere in january..)

However those files should not be in the root of the drive. And if they are then you have a problem. Same thing with virues that create a file named explorer.exe in the root of the home drive. Files found in the root will execute before files of the same name in the rest of the path.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

• Developers

However those files should not be in the root of the drive. And if they are then you have a problem. Same thing with virues that create a file named explorer.exe in the root of the home drive. Files found in the root will execute before files of the same name in the rest of the path.

All true but remember that the worst virus is the user self. Their ignorance causes much more data/time lost than anything else thus it is important to know what you are doing before doing it and even more important tell other to start deleting files! muttley

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

All true but remember that the worst virus is the user self. Their ignorance causes much more data/time lost than anything else thus it is important to know what you are doing before doing it and even more important tell other to start deleting files! muttley

What a change this is !!! We agree right across the board. :)

The one thing that causes the most damage to a computer is the user and their total absence of fore-thought. I'm not too sure why th OP was using all those send()s anyway. The simple way would be to write the commands to a .cmd file then shellexecute() the file.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the autorun.inf file that this virus creates?

George

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the autorun.inf file that this virus creates?

Refer http://www.avira.com/en/threats/section/fu...torun.fy.1.html for a sample. Funny how this seems to have struck in Pakistan/India mainly, the source of the first well documented malware all those decades ago.

Most reliable functional anti-malware programs should be able to detect and neutralise this worm by now.

Warning: The script originally given in this thread (and the updated version) will not completely remove this malware. As already mentioned, a little knowledge can be dangerous.

Edited by Confuzzled

Fine, i've seen many of this kind, they aren't too dangerous, just write somethings to Registry , etc... and it's easier to remove them , but at least having a knowledge about it, this guy just tried to share somethings but at first he didn't know about it very well

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys

Refer http://www.avira.com/en/threats/section/fu...torun.fy.1.html for a sample. Funny how this seems to have struck in Pakistan/India mainly, the source of the first well documented malware all those decades ago.

Most reliable functional anti-malware programs should be able to detect and neutralise this worm by now.

Warning: The script originally given in this thread (and the updated version) will not completely remove this malware. As already mentioned, a little knowledge can be dangerous.

I'm just working on a version that will remove it network-wide as a separate tool. I've done several AV scripts in the past that targeted a particular virus. From what I have discovered about this particular virus, some of the available tools do not work and others require that you run a separate app to remove it from USB devices. Since I also want it to remove the virus from USB drives/sticks which may have a legitimate autorun.inf file, I wanted to check the contents of the file that should be targeted. Better safe than sorry. Thanks all.

EDIT:

One thing that I forgot to mention is that this particular virus appears to be experiencing a resurgence and most tools check only C:\ drive while the virus actually propigates to all of your drives.

Edited by GEOSoft

George