compile with version information via command?

Hello, I have several programs still under development so I compile them quite often. I have a BAT file with aut2exe with parameters like icon and compression, so I can quickly compile it just by double clicking it. But I would like to include version information to it also, but I don't want to always use "compile with options" via the context menu. I tried AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /? but there is no option like /quiet or /compile. Is there some way to run it without gui so it immediatelly compiles? Or is there an easy way to create files for resource hacker and run reshack.exe with those parameters?

Now I made myself a little workaround bat file muttley

start "" c:\scripty\aut3wrapper_compileclick.exe
C:\Programy\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in up2date.au3 /out up2date.exe

aut3wrapper_compileclick.au3:

winwaitactive("Compile AutotIt3 Script","")
controlclick("Compile AutotIt3 Script","",4149)

it works, but it is not much an elegant solution :)

Edited by LoWang

• Developers

Should work as you have shown without having to do anything unless there is a error in the script which will have au3check show a message-box.

what is the issue you see?

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Should work as you have shown without having to do anything unless there is a error in the script which will have au3check show a message-box.

what is the issue you see?

Jos

OMG and who said it does not work? muttley I just want to find some way to compile my script with a command without need to click! Please read my posts again if you don't understand. I don't believe that the only way to automatize compiling to one double click (or enter) is this workaround I posted...

1) AutoIt3Wrapper.exe is like Aut2Exe, no user input required

2) AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI.exe is with User input muttley

so use

"C:\Programs\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /in "%l"

where %l is the path to your Script. And no click is needed

Entry to the File Context menu, save as install.reg and open it.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile Wrapper]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile Wrapper\Command]
@="\"C:\\Programme\\AutoIt3\\SciTE\\AutoIt3Wrapper\\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe\" /in \"%l\""
Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

• Developers

OMG and who said it does not work? muttley I just want to find some way to compile my script with a command without need to click! Please read my posts again if you don't understand. I don't believe that the only way to automatize compiling to one double click (or enter) is this workaround I posted...

I think I did read it correctly and understand what you want. What I do not understand is the Clicking you have to do thus asked what it is you need to click.

So my question is simple:

When you do just this command:

C:\Programy\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe /in up2date.au3

what is it that needs clicking ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)