Website Automation, Dropdown menus

Hi everyone, i have this website which has a lot of information

the drop down menu is a list of all the box types, each one of those has a different chart which is circled as well.

I need to copy each of these chart and paste it into an excel workbook which has all the pages already labeled, does anybody know what i should read up on regarding this project?

Edited by ToyBoi

Are the dropdown box values always in the same order?

Also, are you guaranteed that the browser will have the same dimensions every time? I.e. no toolbars, no popup blockers or security warnings, same screen resolution on each instance, etc?

Are the dropdown box values always in the same order?

Also, are you guaranteed that the browser will have the same dimensions every time? I.e. no toolbars, no popup blockers or security warnings, same screen resolution on each instance, etc?

hi ty for the quick reply

1. the drop down menu do always have the same values

If u look at the top it says DNCS A, we have 3 DNCSs , the other 2 are B and E, the values for B and E are different but are always static within the same DNCS

2. Also the resolution are always the same and should have the same dimension and no pop ups.

Just taking a guess here, are you suggesting that I use mouseclicks for this project?

I'd suggest the _IE* functions.

There is no way to tell what sort of an element the "Reboots" is... suggest getting DebugBar (see my sig). You'll want to learn about _IEFormElementOptionselect and _IETableWriteToArray.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

i thought autoit has a control function allowing it to recognize interfaces, such as notepad and excel and it's diff functions, so can autoit actually find where to click or do i have to tell it to click at a specific x and y

Webbrowser controls are not standard Win32 controls. DebugBar is the analog to the AutoIt Window Info tool for the browser.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Hints: Read up on 'screen scraping'. Check the web page text source for clues on data structure. Learn to parse text, using string and regular expression commands. Learn to post text into Excel workbooks.

Compile, curse. Recompile, recurse.