Solved (I'm an idiot): How to get the local IP of current computer

I am writing a set of a few programs that will be run on separate computers on the same network and communicate via TCP.

I have a server that does all of the receiving, and 2 controllers that send messages. For the controllers, the user enters the IP of the server at startup, which is fine because the Server IP may be different each time, but I do not want to have to do that for the server. I would like to automatically determine the local IP and use that as the IP it listens on.

Is there any way to do this? I am not sure where to start...

Edited by JFee

Regards,Josh

Macro

@IPAddress1 ;IP address of first network adapter.

@IPAddress2 ;IP address of second network adapter. Returns 0.0.0.0 if not applicable.

I am writing a set of a few programs that will be run on separate computers on the same network and communicate via TCP.

I have a server that does all of the receiving, and 2 controllers that send messages. For the controllers, the user enters the IP of the server at startup, which is fine because the Server IP may be different each time, but I do not want to have to do that for the server. I would like to automatically determine the local IP and use that as the IP it listens on.

Is there any way to do this? I am not sure where to start...

Hmm... but how do I know which is the current computer? This would be good if I was connecting to the same computer every time, but I can't find out the current one by this.

Regards,Josh

Hmm... but how do I know which is the current computer? This would be good if I was connecting to the same computer every time, but I can't find out the current one by this.

What are you talking about? @IPAddress1 always returns the IP of the computer the script is running from.