How to read data from GUI or oned file

Hi All,

I am new in this forum.

I am using AutoIt to test my GUI application.

I have few questions:

1. I have opened a notepad and a file in notepad through AutoIt script. now I want to move my cursor to a char(lets #) in notepad. is it posible? can I read data from notepad through script? can I get position of that char, so I move cursor that point?

2. AutoIt can only autoamate only mouse move and click or can generate output report also?

eg: if I clicked a button through script, which open another dialog. can autoit test that dialog opened or not, can it generate reports?

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh

Most of your quesion can be answered, look at

FileRead()

FileWrite()

WinExist()

[quote]Don't expect for a perfect life ... Expect a least troubles ones[/quote]Contact me : ass@kiss.toWhat I Have Done :Favorites Manager Mangage your favorite's folder, that's coolPC Waker For those who want to save stickersWebScipts Supporter For those who've just started with Web and WebScriptsTemporary Looker Simple but powerful to manage your Temporary folder, you know what you downloaded[UDF] _NumberFormat() Better performance on number display[UDF] _DirGet() What a folder contain [how many (hidden,normal,...) files], with one line of code[UDF] _IsPressEs() Just like _IsPress() but for a group of keys