Couple questions

anosen

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to AutoIt. Really enjoy writing scripts with it so far. Has helped a lot with automating installs on the several computers I see a day. Anyways on to the questions...

I've written a program that lets you chose from several different programs to auto install, AVG, spybot, adobe reader, and so on. I have a progress bar that shows how far along in the overall install the user is, but I was wondering if it was possible to get a progress bar that will show the progress of just the avg install or just the adobe install. Is this possible? As it is now those installs are completely silent with no interface showing.

My other question was how do I copy an image to the computer and then set it as my desktop background. Is there a special macro or function for this? Or do I need to do it manually?

Thanks!!

Anosen

anosen

how do I copy an image to the computer and then set it as my desktop background

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
"ConvertedWallpaper"="d:\\Wallpaper\\New\\QsVistaReflections1.jpg"

I was wondering if it was possible to get a progress bar that will show the progress of just the avg install or just the adobe install. Is this possible?

Well, it might be possible to use ControlGetText to find out the percentage that the other installer has in its progressbar... not positive how to go about it though. This is assuming the installer is just @SW_HIDE

Regards,Josh

Hey guys thanks for the responses.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]
rasim what do i name this new entry? or do i replace the Wallpaper one? I have tried using RegWrite to manipulate value of Wallpaper, it replaces the value with my picture but never changes the background. Here's a little snippet of my code..

FileCopy("*thankyou.jpg", "C:\WINDOWS\Web\Wallpaper", 1)
FileCopy("*Wallpaper1.bmp", @UserProfileDir &"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft", 1)
;$var = RegRead("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\", "WallPaper")
sleep(1000)
RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\", "Wallpaper", "REG_SZ", @UserProfileDir &"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Wallpaper1.bmp")

Also Jfee thanks for the reply I'll give that a try and see where it gets me.

this line is for the directory the image you want to set as desctop background. hes just giving an example directory and u can change it muttley

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ¹ There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

anosen

Ok, try this:

Global Const $SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER = 20
Global Const $SPIF_SENDWININICHANGE   = 2
Global Const $SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE      = 1

$Result = DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "SystemParametersInfo", "int", $SPI_SETDESKTOPWALLPAPER, _
                  "int", 0, "str", @ScriptDir & "\test.bmp", _
                  "int", BitOR($SPIF_UPDATEINIFILE, $SPIF_SENDWININICHANGE))

Works only with *.bmp images.

Rasim thanks a lot! That works beautifully. I figured there was some DLL call that needed done, when I replaced it in the registry and checked the display and desktop screen it showed up there, but never showed up on the actual desktop. When I restarted though it showed up fine. Anyways thanks for the help!

Oh yeah forgot that AVG didn't like the calls for the DLL file, wouldn't let me compile it while Resident Scanner was active. Disabled it and it worked great. Just a little heads up for anyone else that might be trying the same thing.

Edited by anosen