Google Data API

Pretty big question:

Is there a GData library available written in AutoIT?

If not, how hard would it be to create it / is someone crazy enough to help me?

I often script in python, and I use the google data libraries in several of my programs.

At the moment, I just run my (compiled) python scripts from AutoIT with Run() and read the feedback from a logfile,

but I would love to have more control over the datarequests/posts in my AutoIT script.

Regards,

Orian de Wit.

Edited by okdewit

I use the Google Calendar and Google Contacts API's, the first one to log computer events and store data in a "temporal" format, and the second one as a contact manager.

I know how to fit my code around the libraries, but not how the libraries work themselves.

I can imagine it would be an huge task to rewrite Gdata for AutoIT, but perhaps there is a way so I can "connect" my au3 and py scripts together?

At the moment, AutoIT runs the Python script with:

Run('\python\python.exe post_calendar_event.py -u <username> -p <password> -e "School at 8:30am"')

The pythonscript writes a logfile, so the AutoIT script waits until it sees a logfile, reads it and takes the feedback into consideration.

Problem is... I have to have a pretty big python script & libraries & dll's in the same folder as the AutoIt script, and when I write lots of events to the calendar its not so great for the performance of my PC (and fragmentation with all the reading and writing of "communication"-files). The script itself is pretty lightweigth, but I do not want to distribute python itself with every copy of my program.

Regards, Orian de Wit.

Edited by okdewit

Well it looks like there is a Javascript library that you could use (only compatible with Blogger, Google Calendar, and Google Contacts APIs.):

http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/samples.html#Javascript

http://www.google.com/jsapi

Maybe you could convert that Javascript code to AutoIt.

Edited by weaponx

I tried Javascript, but you need to implement a key in your code, and that key only works for a certain domain.

Python and .NET use their own libraries to make it work, and I was hoping to find a similar AutoIT library.

I'll give it a go myself, If I accomplish something usefull I'll post it in the samples forum and link from here.

In the mean time, any advise is welcome :)

Thanks so far muttley