perm bind numpad to calc

I'm working on a program to bind all of the numpad keys to activate calculator, send the keypress, and then reactivate the previous window -- The problem is that, generally, I can enter numbers on the keypad faster than windows switches back and forth. I would like to make my script stall before switching back to the previous window. Ideally, I would want it to wait until no key has been pressed for a set amount of time (500 ms?). Here's what I'm doing now:

Func num1()
    Unbind()
    $activewin=Wingettitle("")
    winactivate("Calculator")
    send("{NUMPAD1}")
;**Here is where I would like the user to be able to type whatever as much as they'd like w/o the program doing anything until it has been 500 ms since they're last keypress.  if there is a 500ms break w/o any keys pressed, the program will continue on.**
    winactivate($activewin)
    rebind()
EndFunc

What do you think?

Also, I'm primarily using this to work in excel -- punching in spreadsheets and doing occasional calculations that need entered into cells. I've found with what I have, though, that all of my hotkeys work in switching to calc and back, except numpadenter just moves down a cell in excel. help?

I'm not sure about your numpad enter key problem, but for the 500ms timeout take a look at _Timer_SetTimer() in the help file.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

This isn't quite what you wanted, but it could work...

Press numlock to show and hide calculator

HotKeySet("{NUMLOCK}", "Calc")

If NOT ProcessExists("Calc.exe") then Run("calc.exe")

While 1
sleep(100)
WEnd

Func GetNumLock()
    Local $ret
    $ret = DllCall("user32.dll","long","GetKeyState","long",144)
    If Abs($ret[0]) = 127 then Return 1
    Return 0
EndFunc

Func Calc()
    Switch GetNumLock()
        Case 1
            WinSetState("Calculator", "", @SW_SHOW)
            WinActivate("Calculator")
        Case 0
            WinSetState("Calculator", "", @SW_HIDE)
    EndSwitch
EndFunc