GUICtrlSetLimit

Wolvereness

Just took me an hour to debug a script I wrote to find out one of the function's return value had changed; function being GUICtrlSetLimit. Looking at the help file I noticd numerous return values had changed.

What ever happened to returning the CtrlID in the GUICtrlSet... functions?

You can't do something like this anymore:

GUICtrlSetLimit(GUICtrlCreateUpdown($Group[$Count][4]), 3, 1)
or
GUICtrlSetColor(GUICtrlCreateLabel('Level Name', 115, 631, 100, 15, 0x1), 0xffff)

This really gets annoying when dealing with a large number of Ctrls in a For/Next loop.

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

Just took me an hour to debug a script I wrote to find out one of the function's return value had changed; function being GUICtrlSetLimit. Looking at the help file I noticd numerous return values had changed.

What ever happened to returning the CtrlID in the GUICtrlSet... functions?

You can't do something like this anymore:

GUICtrlSetLimit(GUICtrlCreateUpdown($Group[$Count][4]), 3, 1)
or
GUICtrlSetColor(GUICtrlCreateLabel('Level Name', 115, 631, 100, 15, 0x1), 0xffff)

This really gets annoying when dealing with a large number of Ctrls in a For/Next loop.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't know any reason why this will not work

the following work. :idiot:

GuiCreate("test",250,700)
GuiSetState()
sleep(5000)

EDIT Typo

Edited by jpm

When you must save the control to a $var for later use.

Offering any help to anyone (to my capabilities of course)Want to say thanks? Click here! [quote name='Albert Einstein']Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.[/quote][quote name='Wolvereness' date='7:35PM Central, Jan 11, 2005']I'm NEVER wrong, I call it something else[/quote]

When you must save the control to a $var for later use.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So the following code is not to heavy to write :idiot:

GuiCreate("test",250,700)
$var=GUICtrlCreateLabel('Level Name', 115, 631, 100, 15, 0x1)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xffff)
GuiSetState()
sleep(5000)