VMWARE and FileFindFirstFile

Hi,

I do not normally post questions since the forum is so complete that I can search and find answers that have already been posted.

I have a script that works fine in windows XP but refuses to work on a XP Guest Running on VMWARE I have the latest VMWARE (downloaded and install 7-2008)

I have installed VMWARE tools and even tried the VIX program to enable scrips but nothing has helped.

The command is real simple

$search = FileFindFirstFile("c:\reports\*.csv")

msgbox(0,"Found should be > -1",$search)

search is always -1

I have tried it on a mapped drive with the same results

Any help would be apreciated.

Jim

JFee Thank you for replying

C:\ - is the drive I have it on now. It is the local vmware guest machines c: drive.

But I get the same result if it is a mapped network drive or a UNC path - actually no matter where the drive is pointed it exhibits the same behavior.

This same function runs fine on a Standerd XP workstation.

Jim

Don't know if it would matter but... is the C capital on yours? Shouldn't make a difference...

Does this work if you run it on your computer, not the VM? Have you tried different paths?

Regards,Josh

Don't know if it would matter but... is the C capital on yours? Shouldn't make a difference...

Does this work if you run it on your computer, not the VM? Have you tried different paths?

$pc = @computername

Try "\\" & $pc & "\c$\file.txt")

Thank all of you for your assistance.

I looked at everything and it all seamed fine then I opened a dos box and noticed that the application that is creating the file created it report.csv.txt instead of report.csv of course the extension was hidden because it was a known type. I feel sorta dumb not looking for an extension change in the first place.

This only happens on the VMware box But it is not a autoit script so I will just adjust my script accordingly.

Thanks again

Jim