Send() and MouseMove()

Hey guys, I have a problem. I just reinstalled windows XP Home, updated to SP3 and all that good stuff.. and now Send() and MouseMove() do not work in my autoit3 scripts. Everything else works except the mouse and keypress emulation from these functions.. Anyone know how to get the scripts to work again?

PS: they worked before I reinstalled, they compiled to .exe.

I assume it's something to do with SP3.. or some windows protect me from myself thing.

Edited by asdfasdf

Hey guys, I have a problem. I just reinstalled windows XP Home, updated to SP3 and all that good stuff.. and now Send() and MouseMove() do not work in my autoit3 scripts. Everything else works except the mouse and keypress emulation from these functions.. Anyone know how to get it to work again?

Going to need more infomation than that. Everything about your windows installation (Languages, keyboard layout, ect...). Ae they compiled scripts? Can you give us an example of a script that is not working? Can you simulate any key pressess/mouse moves?

Going to need more infomation than that. Everything about your windows installation (Languages, keyboard layout, ect...). Ae they compiled scripts? Can you give us an example of a script that is not working? Can you simulate any key pressess/mouse moves?

english, standard 101, some are some arent, cant simulate anything.

The following is a sample that came with autoit, everything works except it does not send whats in the send function.

;
; AutoIt Version: 3.0
; Language:    English
; Platform:    Win9x/NT
; Author:        Jonathan Bennett (jon@hiddensoft.com)
;
; Script Function:
;   Opens Notepad, types in some text and then quits.
;   The text typed shows two ways of Sending special
;   characters
;

; Prompt the user to run the script - use a Yes/No prompt (4 - see help file)
$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example (English Only)", "This script will run Notepad type in some text and then quit.  Run?")

; Check the user's answer to the prompt (see the help file for MsgBox return values)
; If "No" was clicked (7) then exit the script
If $answer = 7 Then
    MsgBox(0, "AutoIt", "OK.  Bye!")
    Exit
EndIf

; Run Notepad
Run("notepad.exe")

; Wait for the Notepad become active - it is titled "Untitled - Notepad" on English systems
WinWaitActive("Untitled - Notepad")

; Now that the Notepad window is active type some special characters 
Send("Sending some special characters:{ENTER 2}")

; Do it the first way
Send("First way: ")
Send("{!}{^}{+}{#}")
Send("{ENTER}")

; Do it the second way (RAW mode, notice the second parameter is 1)
Send("Second way: ")
Send("!^+#", 1)

Send("{ENTER}{ENTER}Finished")

; Finished!

Does anyone know of anything in windows that will block the send() and mousemove() emulations?

This is just a fresh install of winxp and all updates. No anti-virus or anything like that.. Just installed xp, ran windows update, restart, try script, and script did not work.

EDIT: oh and I installed ATI video drivers.

Edited by asdfasdf

hmmm...just curious....does Win XP SP3 displays a new notepad's title as "Untitled - Notepad" ?

Yeah, its nothing to do with that.

I try running bunch of scripts, none worked.

PS: All these scripts work on my other pcs, and worked on this PC until I did a reinstall of winxp.

Edited by asdfasdf