Creating tab and controls

dina

try this way

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

$ME = GUICreate("My Example", 200, 200)
GUICtrlCreateTab(0, 0, 200, 200)
$Tab1 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab1")
GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Example Checkbox", 20 , 50)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
$Tab2 = GUICtrlCreateTabItem("Tab2")
GUICtrlCreateButton("Example :)", 10, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then
        Exit
        EndIf
    WEnd

this is just a simple example muttley

Edited by Cha0sBG

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ยน There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

Cha0sBG

Don't forget to close your tabitem creation with GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") Posted Image

GUICtrlCreateButton("Example :)", 10, 33)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

Cha0sBG

Don't forget to close your tabitem creation with GUICtrlCreateTabItem("") Posted Image

GUICtrlCreateButton("Example :) ", 10, 33)
GUICtrlCreateTabItem("")

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
        Exit
    EndIf
WEnd

umm whoops muttley i forgot :)

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ยน There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

I just got confused with the _GuiCtrlTab_Create()

Is both the same?

I think (not too sure really) you can exchange the handles fairly easily (e.g. create a tab with GuiCtrlCreateTab and then use a _GuiCtrlTrab_InsertItem). The _GUICtrlTab_* functions have a lot more options so if your doing anything complicated go with them.
My Programs[list][*]Knight Media Player[*]Multiple Desktops[*]Daily Comics[*]Journal[/list]