example of Dll source

layer

yellow, im trying to learn a LITTLE bit of C++ and im havin a little trouble with creating a Dll :idiot: could someone please give me an example C++ code of like a small Dll with like at least 1 function please?

FootbaG

Layer,

Perhaps you should learn how to walk before learning how to dance. As I feel nothing but pity for you I will not help you learn, but I will give you a suggestion. DON'T PIGGYBACK THE KNOWLEDGE OF GIANTS. Most developers HATE kids that want to learn without trying to learn themselves. Although I am not familiar with how much you have tried, I still think you need to try learning C on your own or with a book. The internet is a great resource, use it... preferably not to annoy real developers. If you need help tackling a specific concept after trying to learn by yourself first, I will be more than happy to assist you in your understanding, but I will only answer short, direct questions. I am sure there are others on this site that would help you if they knew there was any chance of you applying your newly found trade to the development of AutoIt.

Matt

thanks for the advice matt, ive actually been looking into it for a long time, but maybe im just too ahead of my time to understand this, maybe there is a more advance language like Z++ and i gotta wait for the future which could be any moment.....

on the other hand, maybe im not looking hard enough :D:idiot:

FootbaG

You need to be looking for examples that don't include support for MFC. There may be a few minor changes to be made to get it to work with DEV-CPP, but the general syntax is going to be close. A great resource that I use when I get caught up on something or if I am learning a new concept, I check out http://www.planetsourcecode.com They typically have good learning projects.

Hope that helps,

Matt

If you already know C/C++ and are just looking for a starter to get very simple functions to use as a template for yours, then you can look at the source in http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7534. It's a small DLL with 5 functions. But it's badly coded (I know because I wrote it), has no consistent style, ...

But if this is your first encounter with C or C++ you should really start at the basics and get a tutorial as the language is far to complex to learn it from a few samples.

Let alone the ways to convert a variable type into another... that was the one taking the longest time for that DLL as I've never worked with variable conversion before.