printer function help...

my problem is my program only prints to the default printer.

what if the default printer is a fax to an email, not an actual printer.

$printfile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\ProgFiles\print.txt", 2)
FileWriteLine($printfile, "TESTING!!!" & @CRLF)
FileClose($printfile)
_FilePrint(@ScriptDir & "\print.txt")

i need to somehow change the default printer but i have no clue how to do this.. can someone point me in the way please muttley i tried the search but didnt find anything that i thought was what i needed.

Or a away to get the printer list and selecting the printer muttley

I know its an aspect of AutoIt that few have explored, but can someone give a hint to this mate pls?

You can help! Donate to AutoIt! or, visit ClimatePREDICTION.netMy posts:Travian Bot Example (100+ servers) BETAHow to Host you code/app for free! (unlimited team number) (Public or Private)"Sir, we're surrounded!" "Excellent. We can attack in any direction!"

Or a away to get the printer list and selecting the printer muttley

I know its an aspect of AutoIt that few have explored, but can someone give a hint to this mate pls?

This might help.

Func GetPrinterList()
    Local $result, $strComputer, $colEvents, $np,$result
    $strComputer = "."
    If $objWMIService = 0 Then $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
    $colEvents = $objWMIService.ExecQuery _
            (StringFormat('Select * From Win32_Printer')); Where DeviceID = "%s"', $PrinterName));TRUE
    $np = 0
    For $objPrinter in $colEvents
        $result &= $objPrinter.DeviceID & '|'
    EndIf

$Result = StringLeft($result,StringLen($result) - 1)
    Return $result;return the list of printers

EndFunc

Func GetDefaultPrinter()
    Local $szDefPrinterName
    Local $Size
    $namesize = DllStructCreate("dword")
    DllCall("winspool.drv", "int", "GetDefaultPrinter", "str", '', "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($namesize))
    $pname = DllStructCreate("char[" & DllStructGetData($namesize, 1) & "]")
    DllCall("winspool.drv", "int", "GetDefaultPrinter", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($pname), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($namesize))
    Return DllStructGetData($pname, 1);msgbox(0,dllstructgetdata($namesize,1),DllStructGetData($pname,1))
EndFunc ;==>GetDefaultPrinter1

Func PrinterSetAsDefault($PrinterName)
    Local $result, $strComputer, $colEvents, $np

If GetDefaultPrinter() = $PrinterName Then Return 1
    $result = 0
    $strComputer = "."
    If $objWMIService = 0 Then $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
            (StringFormat('Select * From Win32_Printer')); Where DeviceID = "%s"', $PrinterName));TRUE
    $np = 0
        If $objPrinter.DeviceID = $PrinterName Then
            $objPrinter.SetDefaultPrinter()
            $result = 1
        EndIf

Next
    If $result Then
        GUICtrlSetData($IPCurrentDefault,$currentPrinter)
    EndIf
    Return $result

EndFunc

These things and more can also be done more easily with my printer udf and dll.

There is a script I wrote in here which sets the printer automatically depending on the Active program which could be of interest, though the way of setting the printer is the same as the code above. Not tried it for a while so it might need some tweeks for the current AutoIt versions.

EDIT: Removed duplicate function

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

will it still print in a txt file?

Sorry, I don't understand that question.
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

i need it to print a txt file that i generate...

i meant to say will it still print a txt file

I still don't understand. Will what still print a text file? How were you printing the text file? Are you using some application that prints the file or do you want to know how to print the file?

Sorry, I assume you mean the script you posted at the start. Then the answer is yes, change the printer using the function I gave, then use the FilePrint and it will print on the printer you selected.

FileClose($printfile)
$defaultPrinter = GetDefaultPrinter()
PrinterSetAsDefault("Epsom 9832");Set whatever printer you want

PrinterSetAsDefault($defaultPrinter ):set back the original printer if you want to/need to
Edited by martin

my problem is my program only prints to the default printer.

what if the default printer is a fax to an email, not an actual printer.

FileClose($printfile)

i need to somehow change the default printer but i have no clue how to do this.. can someone point me in the way please muttley i tried the search but didnt find anything that i thought was what i needed.

i need it to set the printer before it prints this

i need it to set the printer before it prints this

I edited my previous post while you were writing that. I hope I have answered your question.

it did alot.. 1 more question...

the

Func GetPrinterList()
    $strComputer = "."
        $np = 0
    EndIf
    Return $result ;return the list of printers
EndFuncoÝ÷ Ú)z¶Ø§ê뢻0Ømç§v'ÚÊ!£!¢é]ج¦V²¶«zË¥¶Ê¶¬~éܶ*'yØ­N¬"¦ër¢êܡעÚ&w­ëj·­ç«®ì­r^4÷e,z»4÷dZËOv.éí³Ov3#ë¢
ÚÍ=Øö«jz+©QzÇ­ÈEW«ÓÝ©®)íz»^²Ö®ß6Ó5çÁDäyò̧µ¬^®º+wH|.|ÓݱêìÓÝk-=Ø:ºg§¶Í=ØÌ®+jk4÷cÚ­©è®f¥Eëj·!)^¯Ov¦¸§µêízËZ»~4Ûx×EçË2Ö±zºè¬IÝéÜ4÷e,z»4÷dZËOv.éí³Ov3#ë¢
ÚÍ=Øö«jz+©QzÇ­ÈEW«ÓÝ©®)íz»^²Ö®ß7ã^5çÁDäyò̧µ¬^®º+wEºwçÍ=ÙK®Í=Ù²Óݡ˦z{lÓÝÈú趦³Ov=ªÚæjT^±æ«rbêô÷jk{^®×¬µ«·ãNz×yðDQ9|³)ík«®ÄÑnÀ¹óOvRÇ«³OvE¬´÷`èréÛ4÷c2>º ­©¬ÓÝj¶§¢¹¬yªÜX¥z½=Úâ׫µë-jíøÓ­ûã^|NGzÐÞ}«¥´úâ׫ãN5ç˧uçâç_ºw-ôߧ^}«¥´úâ׫
Edited by Golbez

The Endif in my script should have been Next. There was also an error in yours - the file you created was not in the @ScriptDir, and an include was missing.

This has been tested, but you need to set the printer correctly.

#Include <File.au3>
Global $objWMIService, $IPCurrentDefault, $currentPrinter, $printer, $PrinterName

$printfile = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\print.txt", 2)
FileClose($printfile)
ConsoleWrite($defaultprinter & @CRLF)
$printer = $defaultprinter;<---------------------------set the printer here
PrinterSetAsDefault($printer);Set whatever printer you want
ConsoleWrite("Result of _FilePrint is " & _FilePrint(@ScriptDir & "\print.txt") & @CRLF)
PrinterSetAsDefault($defaultPrinter);set back the original printer if you want to/need to

Func GetPrinterList()
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
    Next    

EndFunc

Func GetDefaultPrinter()
    Local $szDefPrinterName
    Local $Size
    DllCall("winspool.drv", "int", "GetDefaultPrinter", "str", '', "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($namesize))
    DllCall("winspool.drv", "int", "GetDefaultPrinter", "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($pname), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($namesize))
    Return DllStructGetData($pname, 1);msgbox(0,dllstructgetdata($namesize,1),DllStructGetData($pname,1))
EndFunc;==>GetDefaultPrinter1

$result = 0
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
            $result = 1
        EndIf

Next
    If $result Then
    EndIf
    Return $result
EndFunc

can you explain how the function GetPrinterList works?

i dont get how to make something so the results of the function can be selected to set what printer i want printed

Edited by Golbez

can you explain how the function GetPrinterList works?

It uses WMI. See here.

i dont get how to make something so the results of the function can be selected to set what printer i want printed

The function GetPrinterList returns a string containing all the printers separated by the '|' character. You can put that straight into a combox for example. So you could have a little gui with a combo box. Load the combo with the printer list, select the printer in the combo , press a button to start printing.

But if you know the name of the printer you want to use, as shown in printers and faxes from control panel then just use that name for the printer.

#Include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Global $objWMIService, $IPCurrentDefault, $currentPrinter, $printer, $PrinterName, $result

$Form1 = GUICreate("Printer Setup", 306, 50, 193, 115)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Print", 200, 8, 97, 33, 0)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Select Printer", 8, 16, 185, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GetPrinterList()
While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $Msg = $Button1 Then test()
    If $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
WEnd

Func test()
    GUICtrlSetData($Combo1, $result)
    MsgBox(1, "The ComboBox Results", GUICtrlRead($Combo1))
EndFunc

Func Print()
    FileClose($printfile)
        ConsoleWrite("Result of _FilePrint is " & _FilePrint(@ScriptDir & "\print.txt") & @CRLF)
    PrinterSetAsDefault($defaultPrinter);set back the original printer if you want to/need to
EndFunc

Func GetPrinterList()
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
    Next    
EndFunc
Func GetDefaultPrinter()
    Local $szDefPrinterName
    Local $Size

$result = 0
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
            $result = 1
        EndIf

Next
    If $result Then
    EndIf
    Return $result
EndFunc

how do i put them into the combobox XD

Oh My God....

#Include <File.au3>
#include <GUIConstants.au3>
Global $objWMIService, $IPCurrentDefault, $currentPrinter, $printer, $PrinterName, $result

$Form1 = GUICreate("Printer Setup", 306, 50, 193, 115)
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Print", 200, 8, 97, 33, 0)
$Combo1 = GUICtrlCreateCombo("Select Printer", 8, 16, 185, 25)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

$result = GetPrinterList()
GUICtrlSetData($Combo1, $result)

While 1
    $Msg = GUIGetMsg()
    If $Msg = $Button1 Then test()
    If $Msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then Exit
WEnd

Func test()
    MsgBox(1, "The ComboBox Results", GUICtrlRead($Combo1))
EndFunc

Func Print()
    FileClose($printfile)
EndFunc

Func GetPrinterList()
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
    Next   
EndFunc
Func GetDefaultPrinter()
    Local $szDefPrinterName
    Local $Size

$result = 0
    $strComputer = "."
    $np = 0
            $result = 1
        EndIf

Next
    If $result Then
    EndIf
    Return $result
EndFunc

sorry Bert im retarted

Sorry man... Didn't intend to be so derogatory towards you. It was a bit early morning for me today muttley Edited by Bert