omg I lost script help me

Hello,

I've done script with 5000lignes but i was making another script and I saved the another script on First script and close it , result i can't load first script !

Is it a way for recovery First script ?

Thanks if there a one possibilty !

No-life of autoit...what could be better ?LAST SCRIPTS WITH AUTO-IT : CLICK HERE

Hello,

I've done script with 5000lignes but i was making another script and I saved the another script on First script and close it , result i can't load first script !

Sorry bro, but not that I know of. This is why I create a backup everytime I change something. (Autoit Flash Drive FTW?)

Actually, go to your script directory where you saved over it and press ctrl-z.

See if you can undo the save. It's actually slightly possible...

Edited by Szhlopp

• Developers

Have you used Tidy at all ? (It will optionally create backups)

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sorry bro, but not that I know of. This is why I create a backup everytime I change something. (Autoit Flash Drive FTW?)

Actually, go to your script directory where you saved over it and press ctrl-z.

See if you can undo the save. It's actually slightly possible...

I can't undo the save muttley Anyhelp ? And tidy restore the second script

Edited by d3mon
No-life of autoit...what could be better ?LAST SCRIPTS WITH AUTO-IT : CLICK HERE

I can't undo the save muttley Anyhelp ? And tidy restore the second script

Tidy creates backups of previous versions each time it is run (unless you disabled it) -- and it works just fine. Look for:

ScriptName_old1.au3

ScriptName_old2.au3

ScriptName_old3.au3

ScriptName_old4.au3

They might be in a subdirectory at @ScriptDir\BackUp for the newer versions.

Outside of that...

...be thankful for the valuable life-lesson you just received?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Tidy creates backups of previous versions each time it is run (unless you disabled it) -- and it works just fine. Look for:

ScriptName_old1.au3

ScriptName_old2.au3

ScriptName_old3.au3

ScriptName_old4.au3

They might be in a subdirectory at @ScriptDir\BackUp for the newer versions.

Outside of that...

...be thankful for the valuable life-lesson you just received?

I've allready looked in with 9old have seconde script i dont understand that because ive saved seconde script only one time.... muttley

I've allready looked in with 9old have seconde script i dont understand that because ive saved seconde script only one time.... :)

...and what's in ScriptName_old1.au3?

muttley

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

...and what's in ScriptName_old1.au3?

muttley

It's ok for my first script I remake it :) It's clock :

Posted Image

You can move and resize it I will put it on exemple script forum when It will work fine...

Do you still have a compiled EXE? You could try to use Decompile .exe to Script ("C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Extras\Exe2Aut\Exe2Aut.exe")

It saved me once before.

EDIT: looks like this no longer works with the latest version. you have to be using AutoIt v3.2.5.1 or earlier for this to work

Edited by ACalcutt

Andrew Calcutt

Http://www.Vistumbler.net

Http://www.TechIdiots.net

Its not an error, its a undocumented feature

Hello,

More than 12 hours too late, but good to keep in your arsenal http://ntfsundelete.com/

Although you technically did not delete your original script, overwriting sometimes behaves similar to a delete depending on what you used to 'save'.

Remember stop all activity (other than undelete) on the computer in question as soon as your realize you need to undelete.