Pixelchecksum a total black area (0x0000000) i change coordinates and the pixelchecksum changes why ?

Hi

I wanted to make a hashtable function to read an area (the square that define the area can change , however the color for the area is black, every pixel in it has a color of 0x000000 )

I was assuming that no matter what area i would pick the pixelchecksum would be the same ,

however its not

I was wondering why is that ?

can someone care to explain and solve me the mystery... (thanks)

The checksum is based off of all of the parameters of the region, not just color. It is used to check to see if the same area has changed.

Because of this, a different area will have a different checksum, regardless of if it is "similar" in regards to color or shape, because it is in fact a different area

Regards,Josh

The checksum is based off of all of the parameters of the region, not just color. It is used to check to see if the same area has changed.

Because of this, a different area will have a different checksum, regardless of if it is "similar" in regards to color or shape, because it is in fact a different area

hmm

so if i use the same area ( meaning 20pixel area can be 4X5 or 5x4 or 10X2 or any other combination it will give me the same pixelchecksum >?)

Not mathematical area... I should've used the word "region"

well i tested the mathematical area thing , and it is working

i tested a few area (same "mathematical area" on a total black backround and it gives the same pixelchecksum , i juess its a mathematical function after all muttley

now i have a problem ......

Pixelchecksum will return value based on the colors in the region. If they are equal it will return the same checksum

Below script will return 2 times the same checksum where checking 2 different areas (make sure upper left of the screen has same colors)

$checksum = PixelChecksum(0,0, 1,1)
consolewrite($checksum & @CRLF)
$checksum = PixelChecksum(1,1, 2,2)
consolewrite($checksum & @CRLF)

Where on the screen the checksum was grabbed shouldnt matter. You can for instance grab a checksum on a folder Icon off your desktop, then move the folder to a different location and find it using the same checksum.

There is always a butthead in the crowd, no matter how hard one tries to keep them out.......Volly