False Positive Virus in AVG 8

Hi Gang,

Is everyone getting a false positive, BackDoor.Generic9.BAVN infection with their AutoIT apps in AVG 8? It looks like they've written another half-ass set of signatures again.

My malicious (and I laugh) code is this:

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=HKServ.ico

#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****

Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)

ProcessClose("HKServ.exe")

ProcessClose("HKWnd.exe")

Run("C:\Program Files\SONY\HotKey Utility\HKServ.exe")

I'd attached the "infected" .exe but not only can I not upload it to VirusTotal.com, but I also can't zip it and then upload it. In any event it's compiled with the most recent stable version from June 12th, I believe.

Cheers,

Christian

Sony_Hotkey_Restarter.au3

Edited by Christian Blackburn

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+

yeah verry ridiculous

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ¹ There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

Hi Richard,

I'm not talking about all the false positives. I'm talking about the number of users creating threads on this.

There's no support for AVG free edition, so I'm hoping that someone with a commercial copy will report "our" issue to technical support.

Cheers,

Christian

Christian Blackburn, A+, Network+

umm Richard both are verry silly if you ask me muttley

Have Questions About GUI (Graphical User Interface) ? Post Them Here :GUI Help And Support ForumHave Questions About General AutoIt ? Post Them Here : General Help And Support ForumNew To AutoIt ? Be Shure To Check Out The FaQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) Or FaQ ¹ There You May Find Great Help That Will Guide You True The Wonderful Programming Language AutoItOthere Good Place To Get Some Knolage Of AutoIt Is The Example Script ForumNotice A Bug ? Please Go And Report it At Bug Report Section And Help The Devolepers Of AutoIt Update And Fix The Programming LanguageWant To Thank The People For This Great Forum And Programming Language ? Then DonateWhen You Found The Answer Your Looking For Please Add [Resolved] To The Thread's Name That Will Show Otheres That You Have Found What Your Looking For And They Whount Have To Enter The Thread.

Hi Richard,

There's no support for AVG free edition, so I'm hoping that someone with a commercial copy will report "our" issue to technical support.

Cheers,

Christian

That can happen without yet another pointless thread on the same subject.