For Loop

Hello,

I have been having quite a lot of issues with my for loops. They never work, and I then switch to while loops which work great. The problem I am having now to my knowledge cant be done with while loops. Am I doing something wrong?

For $x=0 to Ubound($ce_id) - 1
            For $i=0 to Ubound($Jobs) - 1
                if $ce_id[$x] >= $RangeS[$i] and $ce_id[$x] <= $RangeE[$i] Then 
                        $Job_Instance[$i] = $Job_Instance[$i] + $CEID_Instance[$x]
                            Exitloop
                EndIf
            Next
        Next

This is an example of my ce_id array: (can be anywhere form 0-999999999)

Here is an example of my RangeS and RangeE arrays:

Edit: I forgot my array question. Is there a way to get rid of the empty spaces in my array?

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Kovitt

If you're trying to populate a new array based on the results of these loops, you could check the _ArrayAdd function.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

When I use _ArrayAdd($Job_Instance, $Job_Instance[$i] + $CEID_Instance[$x]) The array is empty... I know that there should be results.

Please post a short, complete, reproducer script for your issue. Declare your arrays with a short list of sample data in them, process them and display the result. There is nothing wrong with the functions you are having trouble with. We can't see what you are doing wrong without some code to demonstrate it.

muttley

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#Include <File.au3>                                                          
#Include <Array.au3>                                                         
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>   

Global $x, $c = 0, $test, $msg, $size, $count, $Num_Lines, $Line, $path             
Dim $jobs[30000], $ce_id[500], $instance[5], $CEID_Instance[500], $Job[500], $RangeS[500], $RangeE[500]
Dim $Job_Instance[500] 
Dim $count2 = 0 
Dim $count3 = 0

For $x=0 to 499
        $Job_Instance[$x] = 0
    Next
       $path = FileOpen("RollupJobs.txt",0) 
        While True
           $Line = filereadline($path)
           if @error = -1 then exitloop 
            $instance = StringRegExp($Line,'([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})([0-9]{1,})',1)
            If @error = 0 then
            $ce_id[$count3] = $instance[0] 
            $CEID_Instance[$count3] = $instance[1]
                $count3 += 1
            EndIf

Wend

$pathJ = FileOpen("Jobs.txt",0)
             While True
                 $LineJ = FileReadLine($PathJ)
                 If @error = -1 Then
                     ExitLoop
                 EndIf
                 $a_sre = StringRegExp($LineJ, "([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})(?:IFACT.Call_Rollup_Pkg.Call_Rollup_Proc\W)([0-9]{1,})(?:, )([0-9]{1,})", 3)
                if @error = 0 Then
                    $Job[$count] = $a_sre[0]
                    $RangeS[$count] = $a_sre[1]
                    $RangeE[$count] = $a_sre[2]
                $count += 1
                EndIf

WEnd  

;###################################################################################################            
                                Exitloop
                    EndIf
                Next
            Next
;####################################################################################################

_ArrayDisplay($Job_Instance)

Edit: Cleaning up code :)

This is an abridged version of the script

RollupJobs.txt

Jobs.txt

Edited by Kovitt

CODE
#Include <File.au3>

#Include <Array.au3>

Global $x, $c = 0, $test, $msg, $size, $count, $Num_Lines, $Line, $path

Dim $jobs[30000], $ce_id[500], $instance[5], $CEID_Instance[500], $Job[500], $RangeS[500], $RangeE[500]

Dim $Job_Instance[500]

Dim $count2 = 0

Dim $count3 = 0

For $x=0 to 499

$Job_Instance[$x] = 0

Next

$path = FileOpen("RollupJobs.txt",0)

While True

$Line = filereadline($path)

if @error = -1 then exitloop

$instance = StringRegExp($Line,'([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})([0-9]{1,})',1)

If @error = 0 then

$ce_id[$count3] = $instance[0]

$CEID_Instance[$count3] = $instance[1]

$count3 += 1

EndIf

Wend

$pathJ = FileOpen("Jobs.txt",0)

While True

$LineJ = FileReadLine($PathJ)

If @error = -1 Then

ExitLoop

EndIf

$a_sre = StringRegExp($LineJ, "([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})(?:IFACT.Call_Rollup_Pkg.Call_Rollup_Proc\W)([0-9]{1,})(?:, )([0-9]{1,})", 3)

if @error = 0 Then

$Job[$count] = $a_sre[0]

$RangeS[$count] = $a_sre[1]

$RangeE[$count] = $a_sre[2]

$count += 1

EndIf

WEnd

;###################################################################################################

Exitloop

EndIf

Next

Next

#

Edit: Cleaning up code muttley

This is an abridged version of the script

To start off, make your life much easier by just reading the file into an array in one stroke with _FileReadToArray(), and drop the whole FileOpen()/FileReadLine() loop. Just loop through the array.

Before processing data, you can pre-process the array by walking it backwards and deleting elements that are empty, for example:

Global $avFile
_FileReadToArray("RollupJobs.txt", $avFile)
For $n = $avFile[0] To 1 Step -1
    If StringStripWS($avFile[$n], 8) = "" Then _ArrayDelete($avFile, $n)
Next
$avFile[0] = UBound($avFile) - 1
_ArrayDisplay($avFile, "$avFile")

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you need to accomplish, but like PsaltyDS said, use FileReadToArray.

As an example, this is how you might want to populate your $Job, $RangeS, and $RangeE from your jobs.txt file...

Dim $JobsTXTarray[1]
Dim $Job[1]
Dim $RangeE[1]
Dim $RangeS[1]

_FileReadToArray("jobs.txt",$JobsTXTarray)

For $i = 1 to (UBound($JobsTXTarray) - 1)

$match = StringRegExp($JobsTXTarray[$i], "([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})(?:IFACT.Call_Rollup_Pkg.Call_Rollup_Proc\W)([0-9]{1,})(?:, )([0-9]{1,})", 3)

if @error = 0 Then ;if matches are found...
        _ArrayAdd($Job,$match[0])
        _ArrayAdd($RangeS,$match[1])
        _ArrayAdd($RangeE,$match[2])
    EndIf

Next

_ArrayDisplay($Job)
_ArrayDisplay($RangeE)
_ArrayDisplay($RangeS)

..your regexp might be wrong, but I'm no expert. Try a more simple StringMid() to capture the CE_ID and INSTANCES from the file.

scrap the regexp error, it DOES work - my fault muttley

NOTE: the 'edit' function of this forum is as buggy as hell!

Edited by andybiochem
- Table UDF - create simple data tables - Line Graph UDF GDI+ - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses GDI+ with double buffer) - Line Graph UDF - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses AI native graphic control) - Barcode Generator Code 128 B C - Create the 1/0 code for barcodes. - WebCam as BarCode Reader - use your webcam to read barcodes - Stereograms!!! - make your own stereograms in AutoIT - Ziggurat Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Box-Muller Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Elastic Radio Buttons - faux-gravity effects in AutoIT (from javascript)- Morse Code Generator - Generate morse code by tapping your spacebar!

Thanks for the responces!

The problem I am having is not with the arrays. In the 2 forloops at the end of the script, it takes the ce_id and if it is between ranges and rangeE it is supposed to add ceid_instance to Job_instance. The problem is no matter what RangeE is, in the second time through the nested for loop it will always do it in the second space of the array.

Replace the loops with

msgbox(0, "Info", $ce_id[$x] & @Crlf & $RangeS & $RangeE)
                    if $ce_id[$x] >= $RangeS[$i] and  $ce_id[$x] <= $RangeE[$i] Then 
                                Exitloop
                    EndIf       
                Next
            Next

and you will see what I mean. Watch the second and third message box as the script runs( look at ce_id and RangeE.

Thanks again for all the help guys! muttley

Edit: Typo

Edited by Kovitt

Sort of understand, I think.

Does this work....

#Include <File.au3>               
#Include <Array.au3>                                                        

;----- POPULATE CE_ID ARRAYS -----
Dim $RollUpJobsTXTarray[1]
Dim $ce_id[1]
Dim $CEID_Instance[1]

_FileReadToArray("RollupJobs.txt",$RollUpJobsTXTarray)

For $i = 1 to (UBound($RollUpJobsTXTarray) - 1)

$match = StringRegExp($RollUpJobsTXTarray[$i],'([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})([0-9]{1,})',1)

If @error = 0 then ;if matches are found...
        _ArrayAdd($ce_id,$match[0])
        _ArrayAdd($CEID_Instance,$match[1])
    EndIf

Next

;_ArrayDisplay($ce_id)
;_ArrayDisplay($CEID_Instance)

;----- POPULATE RANGE ARRAYS -----
Dim $JobsTXTarray[1]
Dim $Job[1]
Dim $RangeE[1]
Dim $RangeS[1]

$match = StringRegExp($JobsTXTarray[$i], "([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})(?:IFACT.Call_Rollup_Pkg.Call_Rollup_Proc\W)([0-9]{1,})(?:, )([0-9]{1,})", 3)

EndIf

Next

;_ArrayDisplay($Job)
;_ArrayDisplay($RangeE)
;_ArrayDisplay($RangeS)

;----- COMPARE EACH CE_ID WITH EACH RANGE -----
Dim $Job_Instance[1] 

For $i = 1 to (UBound($ce_id) - 1)
    For $j = 1 to (UBound($RangeE) - 1)
        If Number($ce_id[$i]) >= Number($RangeS[$j]) And Number($ce_id[$i]) <= Number($RangeE[$j]) Then
            _ArrayAdd($Job_Instance,$CEID_Instance[$i])
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next

Sorry, had to re-write your script to make it easier for thicky me to understand. muttley

- Table UDF - create simple data tables - Line Graph UDF GDI+ - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses GDI+ with double buffer) - Line Graph UDF - quickly create simple line graphs with x and y axes (uses AI native graphic control) - Barcode Generator Code 128 B C - Create the 1/0 code for barcodes. - WebCam as BarCode Reader - use your webcam to read barcodes - Stereograms!!! - make your own stereograms in AutoIT - Ziggurat Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Box-Muller Gaussian Distribution RNG - generate random numbers based on normal/gaussian distribution - Elastic Radio Buttons - faux-gravity effects in AutoIT (from javascript)- Morse Code Generator - Generate morse code by tapping your spacebar!

Sort of understand, I think.

Does this work....

#Include <File.au3>               
#Include <Array.au3>                                                        

;----- POPULATE CE_ID ARRAYS -----
Dim $RollUpJobsTXTarray[1]
Dim $ce_id[1]
Dim $CEID_Instance[1]

_FileReadToArray("RollupJobs.txt",$RollUpJobsTXTarray)

For $i = 1 to (UBound($RollUpJobsTXTarray) - 1)

$match = StringRegExp($RollUpJobsTXTarray[$i],'([0-9]{1,})(?:\s{1,})([0-9]{1,})',1)

If @error = 0 then ;if matches are found...
        _ArrayAdd($ce_id,$match[0])
        _ArrayAdd($CEID_Instance,$match[1])
    EndIf

Next

;_ArrayDisplay($ce_id)
;_ArrayDisplay($CEID_Instance)

;----- POPULATE RANGE ARRAYS -----
Dim $JobsTXTarray[1]
Dim $Job[1]
Dim $RangeE[1]
Dim $RangeS[1]

EndIf

Next

;_ArrayDisplay($Job)
;_ArrayDisplay($RangeE)
;_ArrayDisplay($RangeS)

;----- COMPARE EACH CE_ID WITH EACH RANGE -----
Dim $Job_Instance[1] 

For $i = 1 to (UBound($ce_id) - 1)
    For $j = 1 to (UBound($RangeE) - 1)
        If Number($ce_id[$i]) >= Number($RangeS[$j]) And Number($ce_id[$i]) <= Number($RangeE[$j]) Then
            _ArrayAdd($Job_Instance,$CEID_Instance[$i])
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
Next

Sorry, had to re-write your script to make it easier for thicky me to understand. muttley

I have tried that to no avail. :)

I have tried that to no avail. muttley

Does it not work, or does it just give the wrong results?

I get this array...

post-29091-1216762415_thumb.gif

that is a list of the CE_ID Instances whose CE_ID is between the ranges in the jobs.txt file

is that what you wanted?

:)

I get this array...

that is a list of the CE_ID Instances whose CE_ID is between the ranges in the jobs.txt file

is that what you wanted?

muttley

Incorrect results. Only $Job_Instance[2] is populated and it is like 14000 something

Im not at work right now i will give a more detailed answer in the morning.

I get this array...

is that what you wanted?

muttley

Incorrect results. Only $Job_Instance[2] is populated and it is like 14000 something

Problem solved...

I had to put Int() around each variable..

Problem solved...

I had to put Int() around each variable..

muttley ha ha

Yup, I often find that I have to declare numbers coming from an array as numbers via Number() ....or as you found Int().

Look at this example....

$a = String(50)

$b = String(100)

If $a > $b Then MsgBox(0,"",$a & " is bigger than " & $B)

...if autoit thinks your numbers are in fact strings it seems to 'rank' them on a character-by-character basis. In the above case $a starts with 5, and $b starts with 1...thus, AutoIT thinks $a is bigger than $b.