RegEnumKey limitations?

Hi all,

I need to log all keys in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall but don't get keys with {}

CODE

CONST $file = FileOpen("c:\installed.txt",1)

For $i= 1 to 100

$var = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $i)

If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop

FileWriteLine($file,$var)

Next

FileClose $file

If I do RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9015040C-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}","displayname") , I get the value...

Any idea?

TP

Hi all,

I need to log all keys in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall but don't get keys with {}

CODE

CONST $file = FileOpen("c:\installed.txt",1)

For $i= 1 to 100

$var = RegEnumKey("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall", $i)

If @error <> 0 then ExitLoop

FileWriteLine($file,$var)

Next

FileClose $file

If I do RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{9015040C-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}","displayname") , I get the value...

Any idea?

TP

Looks like the issue is that the "{" entries are indexed after the normal alphabetical listing when using RegEnumKey(). Additionally, you're setting a fixed number of entries to index. My guess is that you've got well over 100 entries if you're not seeing any "{" items.

Give this a shot, it'll grab all of the entries:

Const $file = FileOpen("c:\installed.txt", 1)
$sRegRoot = "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"
$i = 1

Do
    $var = RegEnumKey($sRegRoot, $i)
    If @error <> 0 Then ExitLoop
    FileWriteLine($file, $var)
    $i +=1
Until @error

FileClose($file)

- MoChr(77)& Chr(97)& Chr(100)& Chr(101)& Chr(32)& Chr(121)& Chr(97)& Chr(32)& Chr(108)& Chr(111)& Chr(111)& Chr(107)-------I've told you 100,000 times not to exaggerate!-------Don't make me hit you with my cigarette hand...-------My scripts:Random Episode Selector, Keyboard MouseMover, CopyPath v2.1, SmartRename for XP,Window Tracer[sup]New![/sup]