URL Shortcut with an Icon File?

First time AutoIt user - I searched the forum and saw the examples for creating .lnk and .url files. The IniWrite example appealed to me since I've used .ini files before:

CODE
IniWrite(@DesktopDir & '\myurl.url', 'InternetShortcut', 'URL', 'http://www.myurl...')

IniWrite(@DesktopDir & '\myurl.url', 'InternetShortcut', 'IconFile', 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\url.dll')

IniWrite(@DesktopDir & '\myurl.url', 'InternetShortcut', 'IconIndex', '1')

I tried making 'IconFile' the path to my site's favicon.ico file, but Windows does not display it - I suspect if I rebooted or killed explorer/restarted it would grab the file?

What I would really like to do is include a custom .ico file that the AutoIt .exe would write to the end user's file system that would display immediately, as you see with all pro installers.

Is this possible with AutoIt? Or is it outside the scope of it's capabilities?

Edited by bcolflesh

Did u take a look at FileCreateShortcut?

Yes I did, but I found no example that could associate a custom .ico file that would appear as the shortcut icon when the .exe is run - are you implying that is possible? Please give me a link to such an example.

Yes I did, but I found no example that could associate a custom .ico file that would appear as the shortcut icon when the .exe is run - are you implying that is possible? Please give me a link to such an example.

You can select any icon you have available in your computer when compiling your script to create an *.exe file.