USB Eject

Hi there, is it there any way to script for Ejecting USB Drives, actually i m trying to secure my net cafe. some customers hacks reg and connect usb drives, which will cause virus attacking. Some Viruses like new root kits unable to detect from anti-viruses

so i want to know that how can i eject USB drives.

73 108 111 118 101 65 117 116 111 105 116

Why do you ask that in an AutoIt forum. Protecting your cafe is probably much more helped with virtual solutions like VMWare and bios protected solution.

As soon as your PC is accessible and rebootable its probably easy to hack.

BTW most people would like to send and upload photos which are in 98% of the cases on a camera with an harddrive in it and so still chance for virus and malicious software.

Why do you ask that in an AutoIt forum. Protecting your cafe is probably much more helped with virtual solutions like VMWare and bios protected solution.

As soon as your PC is accessible and rebootable its probably easy to hack.

BTW most people would like to send and upload photos which are in 98% of the cases on a camera with an harddrive in it and so still chance for virus and malicious software.

Actually my cafe is not very profitable and i really hates cracked softwares, hope so you got ma point. i can only script that my program detect any USB but how can i eject it this is main problem.

I get your point but to me it doesn't sound like a PC where I would like to do some internet banking on when I am on a vacation visiting your cafe.

VMWare player is free http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

By putting a "secure" limited OS on your system as the host and only option to start a virtual machine with a static image (after use of the virtual machine it falls back to the prevously used state) your system will be more secure than it sounds with the information you provided.

Within the VMWare player you can remove a lot of peripherals like USB and other unwanted connections.

Default Virtual Machines are downloadable on the internet.

I get your point but to me it doesn't sound like a PC where I would like to do some internet banking on when I am on a vacation visiting your cafe.

VMWare player is free http://www.vmware.com/products/player/

By putting a "secure" limited OS on your system as the host and only option to start a virtual machine with a static image (after use of the virtual machine it falls back to the prevously used state) your system will be more secure than it sounds with the information you provided.

Within the VMWare player you can remove a lot of peripherals like USB and other unwanted connections.

Default Virtual Machines are downloadable on the internet.

thanks for this info, actually i make a policy for my all customers. whenever they want to use usb, i will manually chek its root path only, bcoz i know how the viruses attack on PC. but some customers want to b clever thats y i need somethin to secure my PCs.

The program i coded, ask password in Kiosk Mode wenever any USB Detect , but in NT Windows i can't block CTRL+ALT+DEL .