Include files in your EXE and scripts! V2.0 now up!

Szhlopp

My mistake, after a second try, I found that the script does append new attachments to the output file.

I think you could still use the FileOpenDialog to retrieve multiple files at one time, and use the filenames as $$NameOfRes in a loop, instead of input them one by one.

Good idea. I'll have to look into that. I actually havn't messed with opening multiple files=)

If anyone has some sample code for it that would be great! If not I'll figure out to do it by way of the help file and search on these forums=)

Hey, small suggestion. Could you make it at least possible to use a dynamic entry for the target? I can see it being very useful for those programs that recompile themselves.

[center][/center]Working on the next big thing.Currently Playing: Halo 4, League of LegendsXBL GT: iRememberYhslaw

Hey, small suggestion. Could you make it at least possible to use a dynamic entry for the target? I can see it being very useful for those programs that recompile themselves.

You might as well use fileinstall=) The whole point of this was to include stuff in your AU3's.

@ c0deWorm

Not sure what it is you have against me. Use fileinstall if you like it better. :P

I havn't been here as long as you have, but to me it seems like most people dont want to run an EXE. Autoit 'CAN' be very dangerous to your computer.

I actually am interested in the memory stream stuff too. If you find out how to do something like that let me know. Would be an awesome addition=)

I don't have anything against you. I just didn't see the point of something that does exactly the same thing as a built-in function, but I do see now that your addition is useful if you don't compile your scripts.

Honestly, I don't know how most people run their scripts. I compile mine for performance and to hide the code from those on my network who would fiddle with it. If you're using AutoIt in a production environment too, and keeping them in a publicly available location where users can reach them, I suggest you compile yours also. If people have access, some ass will eventually find it and start tinkering. Keep your source off public shares and put the executables out there.

If you're not using it in a corporate environment though, or you're comfortable with keeping the code available, then I would ask why the files you're embedding need to be hidden when the source code isn't... but that's just me. If I'm comfortable enough with people to let them see my source code, then I'm certainly comfortable enough to leave the original file with the script and just use the FileCopy command. Again, that's just me.

Again, I do see the value in your script, and it is very nice work. Congratulations on creating a useful script. You just weren't clear up front about why or how to use it versus FileInstall.

My UDFs: ExitCodes

I don't have anything against you. I just didn't see the point of something that does exactly the same thing as a built-in function, but I do see now that your addition is useful if you don't compile your scripts.

Honestly, I don't know how most people run their scripts. I compile mine for performance and to hide the code from those on my network who would fiddle with it. If you're using AutoIt in a production environment too, and keeping them in a publicly available location where users can reach them, I suggest you compile yours also. If people have access, some ass will eventually find it and start tinkering. Keep your source off public shares and put the executables out there.

If you're not using it in a corporate environment though, or you're comfortable with keeping the code available, then I would ask why the files you're embedding need to be hidden when the source code isn't... but that's just me. If I'm comfortable enough with people to let them see my source code, then I'm certainly comfortable enough to leave the original file with the script and just use the FileCopy command. Again, that's just me.

Again, I do see the value in your script, and it is very nice work. Congratulations on creating a useful script. You just weren't clear up front about why or how to use it versus FileInstall.

I don't run autoit in a place where my code can get grabbed by anyone. And I'm totally fine with handing out code to (almost) anything I do. Sorry I wasn't clear on why I made this. Maybe I'll edit the main post so people can more easily get the idea of what this is supposed to do.

then I would ask why the files you're embedding need to be hidden when the source code isn't

Just an FYI, the embedded files aren't encrypted/hidden. It uses binary. So it may look that way :P