COM issue with Microsoft Virtual Server

Hi all !

I want to code some scripts by AutoIT to control my virtual machine on Virtual Server. So i read about Virtual Server COM API on Technet and try one of scripts http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcen...3.mspx?mfr=true

Script Code

CODE
On Error Resume Next

Set objVS = CreateObject("VirtualServer.Application")

Set objVM = objVS.FindVirtualMachine("Windows 2000 Server")

objVM.Notes = "This is a Windows 2000 virtual machine."

Code for AutoIT

$objVS = ObjCreate("VirtualServer.Application")
$objVM = $objVS.FindVirtualMachine("Windows 2000 Server")
$objVM.Notes = "This is a Windows 2000 virtual machine."

When i run it. I reviced error

The requested action with this object has failed.:

$objVM = $objVS.FindVirtualMachine("Windows 2000 Server")

$objVM = $objVS.FindVirtualMachine("Windows 2000 Server")^ ERROR

Pls help me to fix this issue.

Good luck with this one, I tried for half a day to get a couple of Virt. Servers to save state and/or merge disks for backup purposes. I gave up after facing the same issues and resorted to VB. Probably could have used Powershell too but I'm too lazy to learn it right now.

First make certain that the vbs code works for you.

Next, check IsObj() on the abject variables to insure they were set properly. Next set up a COM error handler to see if you get more information (see the helpfile of use the one from IE.au3 with _IEErrorHandlerRegister() )

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

First make certain that the vbs code works for you.

Next, check IsObj() on the abject variables to insure they were set properly. Next set up a COM error handler to see if you get more information (see the helpfile of use the one from IE.au3 with _IEErrorHandlerRegister() )

Dale

I think that you're going to have to explain that. :P

I might be wrong though, and the OP actually understands what you're suggesting. :P