Script for auto- & batch- download

Dear all,

I've been trying to solve this problem for quite some time. My CS knowledge is rather reduced, and any help will be appreciated, even a place to start learning / a script to use as a model.

I have an Excel file where in cells A1:An there is a weblink in each (and nothing else in the file). What I need is a script that would sequentially open each link and then perform two clicks on two buttons which would lead to a download.

Essentially the script would need to do the following:

1. Open link in cell A1 in Firefox.

2. On the page that opens, search for the button labeled "String1" and press it.

3. This opens a new page in a new window. On this new page, search for the button named "String2" and press it. This will automatically start a download of a file on the local disk, in whatever folder configured in Firefox.

4. After interval t has passed, open link in A2 and keep doing the same thing until hitting an empty cell cell (cell An+1).

Thank you very much!

Welcome to the forum. Just to let you know, you should download the full AutoIt suite, and then review the help file. Once you have done this, do some searching on Excel in the forum for examples of accessing excel sheets. Then make a attempt to solve the problem. When you get stuck, post your question on the forum, (and please include your code so far) and we will be glad to help.

Many people here get offended when someone joins the forum, and right away just ask for a script to do something. You will get many nasty responses basically telling you to do it yourself.

To put it another way...we will be glad to teach you to fish. We however, hate just to give you fish. (For you will want more fish, and want to take ours)