running autoit in linux

Guest smoke

hi guys, i just recently stumbled upon autoit, but im running linux, i got the whole deal working except in linux the window objects are differnet, do the authors, have any intentions of doing any ports or anything? thanks.

I am afraid not, Smoke.

But can you explain us how did you allowed working AutoIt on Linux enviroment? And what does not work?

As what I understood there are problems about control commands?

Or it mess up when you try to use GUI commands?

I am afraid not, Smoke.

But can you explain us how did you allowed working AutoIt on Linux enviroment? And what does not work?

As what I understood there are problems about control commands?

Or it mess up when you try to use GUI commands?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

im running it under wine, it actually runs fine, everyhting seems to work except for the widnow managment/handling to get the properties of the window like the title, or the dimensions, they dont show up because its not mfc or something.

Maybe AutoIt can work with other windows programs within wine but this will depend on the configuration of wine. I don't know how far the implementation of the functions that AutoIt uses is in wine but you will never be able to control native linux applications with an AutoIt (with control I mean Control*, Win* functions).

What could actually work is using the Pixel* functions maybe with Mouse*. But that totally depends on how far wine has come and I don't think these functions in Wine have any priority.