Just a thought for a long awaited script

MadSc13ntist

i use PsTools constantly in my scripting but i was curious not to find any front ends for PsExec or any of the rest of the PsTools Suite... if there are some Au3 GUI gurus out there i would love to see this. it would prove useful for many.. sounds like alot of props to me... i love scripting using PsExec. but sometimes i long for a mouse click or two...

PsTools - SysInternals (Freeware)

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml

just throwing it out there to see what comes back.

:idiot:

I like PSTOOLS too and use them in many batch-files.

But never i was thiking about an GUI !

PSEXEC is a tool to remotely execute programs

(like beyondexec, xcmd and others).

What should a GUI be good for ??

Should it help creating the complete Commandline with all the switches ?

Like this great Tool:

CopyRite XP - a GUI for robocopy

CopyRite XP - Hompage

i use PsTools constantly in my scripting but i was curious not to find any front ends for PsExec or any of the rest of the PsTools Suite... if there are some Au3 GUI gurus out there i would love to see this. it would prove useful for many.. sounds like alot of props to me... i love scripting using PsExec.  but sometimes i long for a mouse click or two...

PsTools - SysInternals (Freeware)

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psexec.shtml

just throwing it out there to see what comes back.

:lmao:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hello yea PsTools are Great o:)

• 5 months later...

Hello yea PsTools are Great  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Here is a GUI front end I created for PSTools psexec. Edit the script as needed. This is created to read from a text file called computers.txt from the same folder as the compiled gui.

Edited: added script as attachment instead of as text.

PsexecGUIFrontend.au3

Edited by njdev1k

I can't compile this into exe I keep getting a error saying "ERROR ADDING FILE: c:\icon.ico.

Anyone know why this is?

I have tried the Autoit 3 and the beta both give the same error.

I am using the default icon.

I can't compile this into exe I keep getting a error saying "ERROR ADDING FILE: c:\icon.ico.

Anyone know why this is?

I have tried the Autoit 3 and the beta both give the same error.

I am using the default icon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Read the code; you really shouldn't be running any code without reading what it does first anyway.

You need to either place an icon named icon.ico into your system directory (along with psexec) or change the code to point to where your preferred icon and psexec are located.

Read the code; you really shouldn't be running any code without reading what it does first anyway.

You need to either place an icon named icon.ico into your system directory (along with psexec) or change the code to point to where your preferred icon and psexec are located.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can comment out the Icon entry. But make sure you point to where the psexec.exe is.

• 1 month later...

hi guys,

need help..

this is something personal for documentation

to operate with remote pc's which tool is better in PsExec.exe and BeyondExec.exe from www.sysinternals.com and www.beyondlogic.com and please tell me the reason also?

i preferred psexec.exe but i have to write in documentation why i chosen it..? and i am not si much aware of how they work in backend...

thanx for help

Afsar

• 1 month later...

I wrote a wrapper for PSExec some time ago. I'll attach the source. Of course you'll need to change the hard coded PASSWORD to a password of your choice. I could have sworn I had a more recent version, but you'll get the idea. Meanwhile, if I find the newer version, I'll repost.

In order to compile without error, copy psexec.exe to a folder named public on the root of your hard drive. (c:\public\psexec.exe)

-Glen

By the way, if your firewall is blocking the ports normally used for file and print sharing, PSExec will not work. I have documnentation I wrote for this utility somewhere in my archives. I won't bother to look unless someone expresses an interest.

DomainPush.au3

Edited by gspino