Internet Explorer not trusting local files?

I maybe on the wrong site, but this AU3 related:

This is a scrap from my code

;This runs internet explorer in fullscreen (without all the menubars) and opens C:\WINDOWS\temp\restart_modem.html at runtime.
Run(@ProgramFilesDir & "\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -k " & @WindowsDir & "\temp\restart_modem.html", ", @SW_HIDE)

and this is the html

<html>
<head>
<title>Reset cable modem</title>
<script LANGUAGE="Javascript">
function LoadEvent(){
document.MyForm.BUTTON_INPUT.click();
}</SCRIPT>
</head>
<body onload="LoadEvent()">
<FORM name="MyForm" METHOD="POST" ACTION="http://192.168.100.1/configdata.html">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="BUTTON_INPUT" value="Restart Cable Modem">
</FORM>
</body></html>
But when this is run, Internet Explorer claims that it is blocking some ActiveX (because of the onload command). Does anyone have a clue how to add this site to a trusted list, but not all the files on my computer (I still want security from exploits).

Thanks all :idiot:

Windows XP with Service Pack 2, right?

You should find a setting under Tools > Manage Add-Ons

If you need to to make this ActiveX control trusted on a bunch of different computers, I don't know the best way to automate the process....

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

• 1 year later...

But when this is run, Internet Explorer claims that it is blocking some ActiveX (because of the onload command). Does anyone have a clue how to add this site to a trusted list, but not all the files on my computer (I still want security from exploits).

Thanks all :lmao:

I just downloaded AutoIT yesterday morning and I am obsessed with it. I too am trying to find a way to use my script to add sites to the Trusted Sites zone in Internet Explorer, so I can write a small app to set a remote user's home PC up with all the settings to run our VPN software. I haven't got there yet, but I believe the best way is through writing a Registry entry. I figured where to put the registry entry by entering my site into the Trusted Sites zone (http://dashboard.smshealthconx.net) and then opening Regedit and searching. I can tell you that it writes it out there kinda weird so I just searched for dashboard. I am going to include the stuff I found and hopefully that will help you out some. These are just the exported .REG files, so I still have some work and testing to do, but I think I am very close on this.

Example of an IP Range:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range28]
"*"=dword:00000002
":Range"="10.60.*.*"

Example of my dashboard subdomain:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\smshealthconx.net]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\smshealthconx.net\dashboard]
"http"=dword:00000002

Note that the dword:00000002 is the number of the Zone - 2 is the Trusted Sites Zone. My big gotcha on the Range is that the Range has a Range Number- on my PC is was named Range28. I'm going to try naming it Range99 and see hopw that works. For my first post I hope I haven't rambled on or embarrassed myself too much - I tried searching through the forums for "Trusted Sites" and this was the only thread I found that dealt with the subject.

To add to this, in IE under Tools -> Internet Options... -> Advanced -> Security there is a setting "Allow active content to run in files on My Computer"

Also, if the file is on your local system, but was downloaded from the internet, there is a really funky thing called "The Mark of the Web" (I'm not making this up, honest) that causes the file to NOT be part of the "My Computer" zone. You actually have to edit the file and look for a comment of the form: <!-- saved from url=(0023)http://www.contoso.com/ --> and remove it. The (0023) is the string length of the url that follows it. This can actually be a good debugging tool when trying to simulate security in different zones.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I just downloaded AutoIT yesterday morning and I am obsessed with it. I too am trying to find a way to use my script to add sites to the Trusted Sites zone in Internet Explorer, so I can write a small app to set a remote user's home PC up with all the settings to run our VPN software. I haven't got there yet, but I believe the best way is through writing a Registry entry. I figured where to put the registry entry by entering my site into the Trusted Sites zone (http://dashboard.smshealthconx.net) and then opening Regedit and searching. I can tell you that it writes it out there kinda weird so I just searched for dashboard. I am going to include the stuff I found and hopefully that will help you out some. These are just the exported .REG files, so I still have some work and testing to do, but I think I am very close on this.

Example of an IP Range:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\Range28]
"*"=dword:00000002
":Range"="10.60.*.*"

Example of my dashboard subdomain:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\smshealthconx.net]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\smshealthconx.net\dashboard]
"http"=dword:00000002

Note that the dword:00000002 is the number of the Zone - 2 is the Trusted Sites Zone. My big gotcha on the Range is that the Range has a Range Number- on my PC is was named Range28. I'm going to try naming it Range99 and see hopw that works. For my first post I hope I haven't rambled on or embarrassed myself too much - I tried searching through the forums for "Trusted Sites" and this was the only thread I found that dealt with the subject.

hey, welcome to the forums, and no apologies needed. It looks like you've figured out somethign to do with autoit, and have made good progress towards figuring it out on your own. Let us know if you run into any walls, and we'll be happy to help. it sounds like this could be a useful little script you're writing too, you may want to post it in scripts and scraps when you're done with it. As far as this being the only thread semi-relating to what you're doing, you CAN always just start a new one...