Webcam working in background

I'm trying to make a touchscreen using the webcam. I am using infrared light from a TV remote control.My webcam is recordering the screen of my computer, but the webcam has a home-made infrared filter, so it only record the infrared light, My script seek the color of ifrared ligt to move the mouse pointer to the light position.

I'm using 7h331337´s script here is the link but I have a problem, I want that my script work in background or invisible and I don't know how I can do that, because if I put my script invisible de function pixelseach() doesn't work.

Can you help me please? thanks very much

Sorry about my English and Thanks very much

Edited by picadillus

I couldn't try that script, because I don't have a webcam. But it appears to me that it creates a "preview window", which is used to get the pixels from.

There's a way you could get the pixels information from that window with it minimized or hidden, like this (you must know the width and height):

$dc = _WinAPI_GetDC ($previewWindow)
$memDc = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC ($dc)
$bitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap ($dc, $width, $height)
_WinAPI_SelectObject ($memDc, $bitmap)
_WinAPI_BitBlt ($memDc, 0, 0, $width, $height, $dc, 0, 0, $SRCCOPY)
$bits = DllStructCreate ("dword[" & ($width * $height) & "]")
DllCall ("gdi32", "int", "GetBitmapBits", "ptr", $bitmap, "int", ($width * $height * 4), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr ($bits))oÝ÷ Ù8^*.q©ÚqǬ±«)yÈÊbÅéwöÇ(åG­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍÚ[^H
    ÌÍÞH
    ÌÍÝÚY
H
È  ÌÍÞÌÍØÛÛÜHÝXÝÙ]]H
    ÌÍØ]ËK  ÌÍÚ[^

Because you need to access pixel by pixel, you can't use the PixelSearch function, so you have to do the search yourself. If performance is a problem, you could make an external DLL to do the search. It would be really simple code.

[quote name='Valik' post='301213' date='Jan 31 2007, 10:36 PM']You seem to have a habit of putting things in the wrong place. I feel sorry for any female you attempt to have sex with.[/quote][font="Lucida Sans Unicode"][/font]

I couldn't try that script, because I don't have a webcam. But it appears to me that it creates a "preview window", which is used to get the pixels from.

There's a way you could get the pixels information from that window with it minimized or hidden, like this (you must know the width and height):

$dc = _WinAPI_GetDC ($previewWindow)
$memDc = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC ($dc)
$bitmap = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleBitmap ($dc, $width, $height)
_WinAPI_SelectObject ($memDc, $bitmap)
_WinAPI_BitBlt ($memDc, 0, 0, $width, $height, $dc, 0, 0, $SRCCOPY)
$bits = DllStructCreate ("dword[" & ($width * $height) & "]")
DllCall ("gdi32", "int", "GetBitmapBits", "ptr", $bitmap, "int", ($width * $height * 4), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr ($bits))oÝ÷ Ù8^*.q©ÚqǬ±«)yÈÊbÅéwöÇ(åG­+ºÚ"µÍÌÍÚ[^H
    ÌÍÞH
    ÌÍÝÚY
H
È  ÌÍÞÌÍØÛÛÜHÝXÝÙ]]H
    ÌÍØ]ËK  ÌÍÚ[^

Because you need to access pixel by pixel, you can't use the PixelSearch function, so you have to do the search yourself. If performance is a problem, you could make an external DLL to do the search. It would be really simple code.

I'm going to used your idea, but I think it will be slowly to pursue the light, I will send you my script. Thanks very much

I actually used a PY script created by Nirav Patel on my XO-OLPC to do something similar.

Lot of links here including links in comments to using a Wiimote and reflective tape on fingers to track movement.

Paint with Color Based Object Tracking on the OLPC XO

Posted Image

The PY Script it's a good idea, I only knowed Wiimote. Thanks