Lotus Notes UDF?

Hi,

can you explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve? I use Notes, so maybe I can help you.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Hi,

can you explain a bit more what you are trying to achieve? I use Notes, so maybe I can help you.

Mega

Firstly, thank you.

For example, a friend of mine use a email address foo@aaa.com to send me a email, which says "download http://www.aaa.com/aa.txt". What I want is to save the text "download http://www.aaa.com/aa.txt" to a txt file test.txt to somewhere in my disk and I can read the content by some other program. And this program will download the aa.txt specified in the content of the email received from foo@aaa.com. Yes, I want to remote control the machine by sending a email.

The computer I wanna control is protected by firewall and I can't connect to it by TCP/UDP/FTP... what I can connect to it is by sending email.

Just a word of fair warning: If the company saw fit to block remote access with firewalls, they likely have a policy around remote access with methods other than those they've approved. You can probably expect to "have a talk " with someone at some point if the find out, which they probably won't unless you do something stupid with it.

Good luck.

Edit: Quick thought: You could have your script check a web-based email account or an watch an off-site FTP for commands instead of working with Notes (*shudder*).

Edited by c0deWorm

My UDFs: ExitCodes

• Developers

I fail to see the relation to LotusNotes after reading the last reply from the OP.

The Domino server will also serv HTTP requests but it will still refer to an NSF file.

Anyway, when you want to work with a Domino server you could use the ComObject available for Notes. Just search for it because i know I posted some brief examples about it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)