Can I pay someone for a script?

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...+Script+Problem

I am not a programmer and wasting a lot of time trying to fix my situation. I was able to create a script to open device manager, move to the 1st biometric device (internal fingerprint reader) and disable it allowing the laptop to use the external fingerprint reader. I have a script to enable the internal one for when I am undocked. I need to dock/undock several times a day. I tried the chassis type and the docking station is not recognized...it just shows up as a laptop. I downloaded WMI and began to work with it until 1am and no luck...it is too complicated for me.

It makes more sense for me to pay someone than to spend more time - I have already invested several hours in this and am losing hope. I can use paypal to send the money or whatever...i just need to fix this nuissance.

Thanks.

David

Well a detailed description such as yours would require a lot of hardware and I would need new processing and data sheets. I think it would come up to a little over 2000 which is a good deal for what it would cost to someone else :P

Edit: My conscious has started to kick in and I feel bad for messing with you dude. I don't know how to do what you're asking for and I don't mean to be cold but I don't know anyone on this forum that would help you ( I didn't say could). It's not that we're selfish but this isn't the kind of forum to do stuff like that (I'm not saying know one will help you, you may get lucky here).

If you want pretty much anything coded go here.

Edited by IWantIt

devcon does not work on Vista x64...it would need to be done with WMI and I found the tutorials too complex. I really will pay something for what should take 15-30 min....$25?

No reason to pay somebody. You can probably do this via WMI or by using Devcon.

It's not compensation that we are looking for. It is difficult to test this. I don't have a laptop, docking station, or Vista 64. If the dock shows in the device manager then it most likely pops up in the registry.

Copy the PNP ID from device manager and search for it in the registry.

I understand. The PNP ID is "pnp0C15" and I found it in the registry. Any suggestions from here?

It's not compensation that we are looking for. It is difficult to test this. I don't have a laptop, docking station, or Vista 64. If the dock shows in the device manager then it most likely pops up in the registry.

Copy the PNP ID from device manager and search for it in the registry.

its very hard to write a script when most of us don't have the hardware you do, although I do suggest rentacoder, like everyone else did, but those people will rip you off, if you say you don't know how things work, they'll just say it's complicated and charge you like $75

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I will try rentacoder....i have little option due to the daily nuisance of this issue. Thanks for the referral...in the meantime, if anyone wants to try to help, please do so.

its very hard to write a script when most of us don't have the hardware you do, although I do suggest rentacoder, like everyone else did, but those people will rip you off, if you say you don't know how things work, they'll just say it's complicated and charge you like $75

• 1 month later...