Double clicking on tray icon

#include <Constants.au3>
Opt("TrayAutoPause",0)
While 1
Tooltip("Double Click On the tray icon!!", 0,0)
Switch TrayGetMsg()
Case $TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOUBLE
Msgbox(0,"","You win!")
EndSwitch
WEnd

Ever think of cracking open that dusty ol' helpfile and looking at "TrayGetMsg()"?

If you had, You would have seen that include line in the example at the bottom. :P

Edited by Paulie

It doesn't work. All it does is pauses the script...

Ever think of cracking open that dusty ol' helpfile and looking at "TrayGetMsg()"?

If you had, You would have seen that include line in the example at the bottom. mellow.gif

It doesn't say to include anything. I'm probably running a different version than you.

Edited by IWantIt

Sigh... :P try this exact script, apparently you aren't in the mood to do any problem solving on your own.

#include <Constants.au3>
Opt("TrayAutoPause", 0)
While 1
    ToolTip("Double Click On the tray icon!!", 0, 0)
    Switch TrayGetMsg()
        Case $TRAY_EVENT_PRIMARYDOUBLE
            MsgBox(0, "", "You win!")
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Sigh... closedeyes.gif try this exact script

Don't need to. Using a better method than what you suggested by doing a simple TraySetOnEvent.

apparently you aren't in the mood to do any problem solving on your own.

Apparently I am :P

Don't need to. Using a better method than what you suggested by doing a simple TraySetOnEvent.

Apparently I am :P

Don't you " :o " at me. :D

You obviously were not in a mood to do any problem solving, as I gave you a script that should have more than effectively pointed you in the right direction, but instead of debugging it on your own, you insisted on replying with multiple posts that could be basically summed up to say, "It doesn't work exactly as you posted it, make it work because i'm too lazy to do it myself."

And saying that "TraySetOnEvent" is better than "TrayGetMsg" is the equivalent of saying "GuiSetOnEvent" is better than "GuiGetMsg." Both of which are not only wrong but just plain stupid.

Most people learn to create GUIs(and consequently, TrayMenus) using GuiGetMsg(), not OnEventMode. Because you didn't post any damn code to indicate how your script was organized, I had no indication as to whether you even knew what OnEventMode was. So i replied with the method that is generally easier to understand.

However, I'm glad my being poignant motivated you to do some damn legwork by yourself. Maybe you should try that BEFORE you create a thread next time. :P

Edited by Paulie

Poor Paulie. :P He's throwing a tantrum at me. Is it because you can't find your heart song? Poor little fellow...

Listen dude, don't tell me what and what not throw at you. I'm not going to sit here and argue with a kid who's like 10 and get's his happiness of the day by coming to cyber world instead of facing reality.

I didn't say TraySetOnEvent was better than TrayGetMsg(). I said it was better than what you suggested, and obviously it was. Because guess what? It worked, yours didn't. :P

His example would have helped you learn to use autoit better, even if it wasn't as "easy" for you to understand. but it doesn't make it "bad", the script he gave you was fine, he left out a line which could have easily been replaced if you did any research on your own.

And if anything, paulie's like autoit elite, so I wouldn't bother fighting with him over a topic like this. So if you want to learn autoit YOU should quit acting like a child and solve your problems maturely.

Anyway, I figure I minds well make this a useful post;

The autoit helpfile is located in the autoit directory, or from your start menu, there you can find EVERYTHING you can possibly need to know to write a script. Once you have created SOMETHING, and run into a problem you really really can't solve, THEN post here, with your script, so that we may pinpoint the problem and help you.

Cheers!

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

And if anything, paulie's like autoit elite, so I wouldn't bother fighting with him over a topic like this.

That's why he so prideful and has a big attitude. Because people like you pump him up and suck up to him. I'm not disrespecting him, I'm just making a statement.

Anyway, I figure I minds well make this a useful post;

The autoit helpfile is located in the autoit directory, or from your start menu, there you can find EVERYTHING you can possibly need to know to write a script. Once you have created SOMETHING, and run into a problem you really really can't solve, THEN post here, with your script, so that we may pinpoint the problem and help you.

Well that didn't make that a useful post anymore than what we're arguing about. I did come here on a last notice.

That's why he so prideful and has a big attitude. Because people like you pump him up and suck up to him. I'm not disrespecting him, I'm just making a statement.

Well that didn't make that a useful post anymore than what we're arguing about. I did come here on a last notice.

Paulie's post worked. It just takes some common sense to maybe add a small include at the top? It appears your disrespecting one of the coolest coders on here. If you would have just taken Paul's post, and added some common sense, or looked at the helpfile, you wouldn't be having this arguement. Apparently you didn't come here on a last notice. If you saw some nice code, and then checked the helpfile, you could of said: "Thanks Paulie!".

Poor Paulie. :P He's throwing a tantrum at me. Is it because you can't find your heart song? Poor little fellow...

Listen dude, don't tell me what and what not throw at you. I'm not going to sit here and argue with a kid who's like 10 and get's his happiness of the day by coming to cyber world instead of facing reality.

I didn't say TraySetOnEvent was better than TrayGetMsg(). I said it was better than what you suggested, and obviously it was. Because guess what? It worked, yours didn't. :P

See, what's funny is, I came into this thread with nothing but the intent to help you. And this is my return? Just goes to show the kind of person you really are. Personally, I would prefer to see you take your rude, disrespectful, and ungrateful attitude elsewhere. To be honest, you are lucky I'm not a moderator... because in my book, AutoIt doesn't need users like you. But until then, Welcome to my ignore list. Asshole.

EDIT: You don't deserve a smiley.

Edited by Paulie

That's why he so prideful and has a big attitude. Because people like you pump him up and suck up to him.

I'm not sucking up to him, hes had alot of experience, and has helped alot of people. That is a statement. Calling people ten year olds and what not for no apparent reason is not.

Seeing as this thread isin't going anywhere, you can either actually accept people's help with respect and good intent, or continue to post pointless posts.

However, seeing as your problem is resolved already, don't post here until you need more help on this topic.

EDIT: You don't deserve a smiley.

LOL

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]