Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dethredic

Reading .mp3 tags

7 posts in this topic

So, pretty much I just finished tagging all my songs correctly, but most of the file names are off.

I am just looking to make a simple program that will go through an rename all of my songs "Artist Tag - Track Tag".

So is there a way to read the tags on .mp3 files?

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it

Yeah... iTunes does this :P

Regards,Josh

So, pretty much I just finished tagging all my songs correctly, but most of the file names are off.

I am just looking to make a simple program that will go through an rename all of my songs "Artist Tag - Track Tag".

So is there a way to read the tags on .mp3 files?

Not autoit but I would really like to recommend foobar2000 and its masstagger plugin for this.

It gives you a simple script interface to able to tag your files automatically.

For example you can automatically tag a file if it's filename look like this:

"01. Linkin Park - Leave out all the rest"

With the following script:

"%tracknumber%. %artist% - %title%"

With the masstagger configured for filename processing :P

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

The Godfather (http://www.snapfiles.com/get/godfather.html) might also make you mad that you just went through and tagged all of them by hand :P

Regards,Josh

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

Well, I have tried a bunch of programs that autotagged my songs, and most of them failed pretty bad (Many of my songs became FUBAR, but lucky I had a backup copies on another partition). That is now done though. I will look at some of the autoit scripts. I don't use iTunes and don't plan on it. I just need to rename the actual files, which means I only need to read the tags not write them.

EDIT: NVM Mp3Tag works quite well.

Edited by Dethredic

"Its not about the 30 inch 1080p display, or the SLI 8800 ultras, or the DDR3 memory. It's about when you turn on your PC, does it return the favor?"Math is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that is not why we do it