Against the rules?

Yes.... and its against the law full stop ...so also in "your company"

Your English is not the best but if your saying its against the law it most definitely is not.

Especially if my company asked me to do it.

It's called internal security... helps prevent malicious insiders and things of that nature.

Edited by SoulA

• Developers

Yea, That happens with people from the Netherlands as it isn't their native language... we could continue our conversation in Dutch if you want?

Asking for the creation of a keylogger doesn't make it legitimate. It probably depends on the purpose of the script whether its legitimate or not.

Anyways... the subject here is a NoNo.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I was not trying to insult you. I was merely trying to say that if I misinterpret what you were trying to say I apologize. In any case the program is already done. I'm not asking for help or assistance but to know if posting of the code would be against forum rules. I think I got my answer. I am new here so I don't know these things.

Where are you getting that it is NOT legal?

“Even though an individual may be using a keylogger find out information about you, like your usernames and passwords or credit card information, they are perfectly legal. It's the individual trying stealing your password and credit card numbers that is performing an illegal act, not the keylogger software itself. There are times when keyloggers are useful. An employer may want to make sure his employee is not divulging trade secrets, or a spouse wants to make sure his or her spouse is not cheating on them. Or possible you want to make sure your child is not carrying on inappropriate conversations with an adult. There may be a moral issue involved on its use, but it is legal.”

Edited by SoulA

And this is why autoit scripts are tagged malicious.Although I think key monitoring IS legal, as long as the person is aware that they are. same with video cams, you can't put them up without telling everyone that it's there

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

I had to make a keylogger of sorts for my company would it be against the rules to post the code?

You working for 'da company'? :P Of course they could deem it legit. For everybody else, go ask your boss, but don't post it here for the skript kiddies to deploy on their unsuspecting skool mates.

Where are you getting that it is NOT legal?

Even though an individual may be using a keylogger find out information about you, like your usernames and passwords or credit card information, they are perfectly legal. It's the individual trying stealing your password and credit card numbers that is performing an illegal act, not the keylogger software itself. There are times when keyloggers are useful. An employer may want to make sure his employee is not divulging trade secrets, or a spouse wants to make sure his or her spouse is not cheating on them. Or possible you want to make sure your child is not carrying on inappropriate conversations with an adult. There may be a moral issue involved on its use, but it is legal.

Please cite where that paragraph is from.

@ cppman

autoit scripts are detected as a virus because some bad people uses it for their bad purposes. and 2nd thing is that av companies are not doing something to read the whole code and then detect it. av detects it only by checking if it is a autoit exe.

[font="Georgia"]GSM Expert[/font] but not AutoIt :DProud to be Admin Of : http://www.gsmhosting.net/visit my Forum... http://www.gsmhosting.net/vbb/index.php
$Life = "Happy"
If @Error Then
$Life = "Risk"

• Developers

In my country it isn't allowed to "monitor" without a damn good reason. Privacy is a precious thing and I hope we do find ways to preserve that.

*click*

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)